Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EVERY ASSTES IS BROKEN AND CUSTOMER PROTECTION IS A SCAM

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zak666, Sep 9, 2021.

1. zak666

zak666

I AM NOT PROTECTED AS A CUSTOMER:

I'VE BOUGHT AT LERAST 3 5ASSETS ON UNITY ASSTS STORE

OVER 100$ US DOLLARS AND NONE OF THEM WORK AS ADVERTISED

AND ALL BROKEN, AND UNITY WILL NOT REFUND ME CLAIMING IT WORKS FOR THEM, THEIR LYING THE ASSTES DO NOT WORK AND ASRE ALL BROKEN AND LIE ABOUT THE ASSTES IN THE IMAGES.
    TRIED FOR MONTHSTO GET REFUNDS BUT UNITY IS JUST SCAMMING ME A ND STEALING MY MONEY.

DO NOT BY FROM THE ASSETS STORE UNITY WILL F***ING SCAM YOU AND NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND WHEN THEY CLAIM THEY WILL PROTECT YOU THEY JUST FOB YOU OFF AND WALK AWAY.

YOU ARE NOT GARENTEED YOUR MONEY BACK AND NONE OF THE ASSET MAKERS WILL REPLY TO YOU AND UNITY WILL BE LIKE "OH IT WORKS FOR US" WHEN THEY KNOW IT DOSNT WORK EVEN IF YOU SEND THEM SCREEN SHOTS.

BASICALLY ALL YOU CAN BUY IS GUI ASSETS CAUSE AT LEAST YOU KNOW THEIR SAFE TO BUY.

ALSO ASSETS HAVE FAKE REVIEWS RAVING ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE, YOU BUY THEM DOWNLOAD THEM AND THEY DON'T WORK OR THEY ARE NOT AS ADVERTISED

HAD ENOUGH OF GETTING SCAMMED BY UNITY ASSETS STORE AND NEVER EVER EVER GETTING A REFUND. POSTING ON HERE CAUSE CONTACTING UNITY HAS GOT ME NO WHERE IN A REFUND SO WARNING THE COMMUNITY TO BE VERY CARFEULL ON WHAT YOU BUY TRIED FOR MONTHS TO GET REFUNDS FROM UNTIY FOR BROKEN ASSETS AND NOTHING, FOB ME OFF EVERY TIME

UNITY WWILL DO NOTHING TO REFUND YOU. THEY JSUT WANT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY ON FAKE ASSETS

IF ASSETS WORKED, I WOULD NOT ASK FOR A REFUND SO CLEARLY THEIR FAKE ASSETS AND BROKEN.

I'VE BOUGHT HUNDREDS OF ASSETS THAT WERE AWESOME AND WORKED GREAT,
    BUT AS SOON AS YOU GET SCAMMED UNTIY WILL REFUSE TO REFUND YOU.

JUST GOTTEN TO THE POINT WERE YOUR PARANOID AS S*** BUYING ASSETS "AM I GOING TO HAVE $60US STOLEN FROM ME IF I BUY THIS? CAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WILL NEVER GET A REFUND.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  2. Mauri

Mauri

If an asset works as described for many users and only you are facing issues with it, then chances are high that you're the problem and not the asset. And it that case, chances are pretty slim that you'll ever receive a refund.

Before buying an asset, read the description on the store page. It will tell you exactly which render pipeline is supported and which Unity version is supported.

Personally, I just recently bought the Unity Fantasy Games & Game Dev Assets Humble Bundle, which features nice assets like Odin Inspector and Serializer, Editor Console Pro and Bakery. Especially the latter one is awesome, but it has its special requirements (that is: Windows 64-bit & NVIDIA only). Not a single issue here.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Joe-Censored and Mark_01 like this.
  3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I have been with Unity a few years now and nothing but good things here as a hobby developer.

4. BetaMark

BetaMark

Hey Zak666 -- I can speak from experience that when I first started working with Unity, I felt *very* much like you do right now (though I kept the caps lock to myself). Unity itself has gone through some pretty radical changes over the past few years (with the change from built in renderer over to the scriptable render pipelines), and because of that and dozens of other "architectural" changes, many of the assets which I purchased early on (lots of complex game templates) tended to have at least *some* issues when I first started to try and use them.

Some things I recommend you try:
    1) Make sure you are only testing your assets in the latest LTS release of Unity, never the newest version.
    2) Always test a new asset in an isolated project using the render pipeline that the asset recommends.
    * Look for either built in renderer with PBR or one of the Scriptable Render Pipelines like URP or HDRP).
    3) Find the discord or forum for the asset developer and post there to ask for specific help. I personally lurk on about a dozen discord servers just to answer people's questions about assets that I only used once 6 months ago, so I hope you can find some help out there.
    4) If nothing else works, find a local or online "indie developer" community with people that you can talk to about your experience. The more that they know you and you know them, the more likely you can get exactly the help you need to make the assets work every time.

Game development is the simultaneously the most frustrating, complex, and rewarding type of work I've ever done. I find it a really good practice to be around other people who feel that same way and whom can help me make my dream games and experiences. I hope you find the same.

Good luck on your journey.

Mark_01 likes this.