Search Unity

Evermotion attic room

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by maart, Jun 2, 2011.

1. maart

maart

see it in a webplayer here http://db.tt/DexAW3J

Hi Guys, I did a conversion of some evermotion models to unity, please tell me what you think about it

2. maart

maart

from 150.242 poly’s to 14.781 poly’s

from 95.241 poly’s to 9.194 poly’s

from 37.720 poly’s to 3.686 poly’s

3. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

optimisation* is really bad for this, even if it is a visual showcase. Your drum kit, i could knock that down to a max 5k pols. And your piano is just insane... you dont have to model each damn key. just one box textures will look the same...

4. alzarac

alzarac

Hi. Your project looks very nice (quite perfect!!!), but I think is very heavy for a conventional videocard or to publish in the web, I mean, the realism is impresive, but the loading time is quite high and the visualization in the browser seems with lag (my pc has).

Good work and congratulations, very nice result.

P.S. I have done some test a year ago with the Unity2.6 free and this was the result if you like to see it.(the load times are quite heavy too)

http://www.camiloalcaraz.com/index.php?p=2_7

Regards,
    Juan Camilo Alcaraz C

5. jister

jister

it crashed the Unity player with one movement lolz , I'm on a new MacBook Pro...
    did look good for the half second it lasted.
    maybe you could put in a resolution option screen...?

6. Aron

Aron

Yea, I'm running i7 920, 16gb ram, GTX 460s in SLI and it crashed me :( Looks nice from what I saw though, other than some illumination issues (tree and guitar look too bright). Shadows are too also too hard, you should bake lightmaps.

7. cupsster

cupsster

The problem is that this is NOT optimized nor made for gaming usage.... not much work went to this. This scene is only DECIMATED not OPTIMIZED.. Optimization requires hand work and moving vertex by vertex it can't be done by automatization as you use.. [I can deal with flatiron or packit myself too :D ]
    @Aron if he bake lightmaps he loose bumps.. :) so that's tradeof.

8. maart

maart

Update with dynamic lighting and limited tonemapping
    @cupsster I've decimated the models it might not be as good as doing it by hand. but there is simply no time for that. And I needed to do something to the the models to get them into unity without unity complaining or wasting time on baking and unwrapping. Further optimization should be done with level of detail

9. windexglow

windexglow

Floor seems really flat in terms of lighting. Everything else looks great.