Search Unity

Games Everfeud PVP MMO/MOBA

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Brianqq345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Brianqq345

Brianqq345

Hi,
    we are working on EverFeud which is a PVP only game.
    Below are some video links showing the environment.

The combat system is not not finished yet, but am hoping to get that going soon.
    We are a little behind schedule, the programmer just finished two months of chemo, but is now in remission.
    So full steam ahead.

The backend was created from scratch, and Unet was torn out due to it being buggy.

Our twitter page is @EverFeud

I will add some character model pics a little later

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

From the videos -
    The Arena video is nice looking. It shows a diverse set of areas that look good. Since I'm not a PvP player I can't comment on 'if' these areas will support the core versus mode of the game well or not. However as a visual artist I can comment on the static feeling in those areas.
    In my opinion - all the Arenas feel very static at this point in development. There is the standard fare torches, some effects, and moving water, but beyond that - really nothing that moves for the players to see. Adding some cloth fx to areas would improve this static feeling, but cloth fx isn't anything new, is common in these kind of games.
    I think the best environments are those that feel alive and have stuff (cause & effect) happening in them regardless if the players are in the area or not. Consider adding some things to the arenas that are happening, even if the players are not in the area. This topic is so grand I think it would be foolish to provide an example, but can if requested. ;)

The battleground video seems to show different areas than the arena video and those areas are less polished. There is noticeable tiling in the ground textures in this video, and it seems these battlegrounds are larger, which also makes them look more barren and even less alive than the arenas. Same comments about feeling 'alive' can be mimicked on these battleground environments.

Overall - the areas look pretty diverse with color and composition. Look forward to seeing combat mechanics.

3. Brianqq345

Brianqq345

I agree, and have been looking for someone to do what I call the decorating, and versed in RTP Relief shader, but my budget is an issue at the moment. There are also to many reused assets as well. The arena kindens keep, the last one, I have the torch lights animated now, and its looks nicer.
    I am focusing on the combat system at the moment so we can get to the crowd funding stage.

Thanks for the feedback

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Brianqq345

Brianqq345

Decided to go regular mesh and not use RTP.
    Also the Backend is finished, and once we get the client going we be able to give it a good testing.
    The backend will be usable with most game engines, and once its tested we will be considering selling it.
    This is a stand alone designed to work with a four sever cluster.