Search Unity

EventViewer not working for external Addressables? (i.e. using LoadContentCatalogAsync)

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by CanisLupus, Aug 6, 2020.

1. CanisLupus

CanisLupus

Context:
    • Our app project itself has no Addressables, just the necessary Addressables configurations (i.e. an initialized AddressableAssetsData folder).
    • We manage our Addressables in a different Unity project to control retrocompatibility (keep Addressables always using the same Unity version while the app can be upgraded to newer Unity versions).
    • At runtime in the app, we load the full remote catalog using LoadContentCatalogAsync, and from then on load Addressables as normal.
    Problem:
    • Despite having "Send Profiler Events" enabled in both projects (though I suspect only the app project is relevant... right?), the Event Viewer only shows the FPS and Mono heap graphs, no events at all.
    Is this normal? We really wanted to check our memory management and the way we release operation handles. Thanks!

@TreyK-47, maybe?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Let me kick this to the team for them to share some insight and guidance.

Which version of Addressables are you currently using?

3. CanisLupus

CanisLupus

Hi Trey, thanks for checking. We are using 1.13.1. I can only try 1.14 in September now. Not sure if it fixes anything in that regard.

4. CanisLupus

CanisLupus

By the way, I replied to you in this thread a while ago, it might have been lost in all the threads.

5. CanisLupus

CanisLupus

UPDATE: I don't know what changed but it seems we have events working now... Still same version. We did update Unity but we're still on Addressables 1.13.1. I honestly don't know what happened but it seems fine now. If this reappears I'll let you know.