Search Unity

Events appearing twice when I use the application with and without internet connection

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Ajaydharan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Ajaydharan

Ajaydharan

Hello All,

I am working on an Hololens application that can work with and without an internet connection. When I send the custom events during the online scenario, the events are sent properly. During the offline scenario, the events are stored locally and once the application is launched back online, the events are pushed to the server.

But the problem is that the online events are again pushed to the server with a different submit time the same as the events used in offline time.

upload_2020-8-28_10-51-16.png

In the above events generated from Unity raw data export, the events are pushed twice with the same event created timestamp but with different submission timestamp. The submit_time "12:45:36" is recorded because other events (which are not shown in the above image) are captured during the offline scenario and it is pushed to the server at the same time when the device is back online at 12:45:36. But surprisingly, the events which were already submitted, are pushed to the server once again.

Since my application runs on Hololens, I am not able to verify it in the Charles Proxy application tool. Could you help me out on how to resolve this issue?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Thanks for reporting this. Unfortunately we are not able to make changes to RDE as you suggest as it would introduce possible breaking changes for others. You would need to filter these out yourself if this is indeed the case, apologies on the inconvenience.