Search Unity

Question EventData sorting order

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by HART_SB, Feb 14, 2022.

1. HART_SB

HART_SB

I'm testing some the analytics API (in this case, seeing when people quit a tutorial - indicated by an index number) but I'm confused how to the data is being displayed. When you select the eventData option you can apparently choose to view it as a number or a string (at least that's how I'm reading it).

upload_2022-2-14_12-43-53.png

When viewing the data as an number ('#', in green) it only allows for count/total option. In the example below, the lone green bar just gives the total 7 occurrences where this happened.

When viewing the data as a string ('A', in blue) it breaks them down into the eventData references (i.e. the step index: 0, 1, 2, 3 etc)

upload_2022-2-14_12-43-22.png

So two questions:

1. Why can I not get the eventData references itemised when they are displayed as numbers (#)?
    2. Why is the sorting order of the eventData references 0, 2, 1, 3 when displayed as strings (A)? I would have expected this to go '0', '1', '2', '3', no?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. HART_SB

HART_SB

Hi, no code changes I can think of. The parameters were sent as an integer. It is for Legacy Analytics but I went with that for now as it was free and I thought it was still somewhat supported. I'll check out Beta now though. Thanks.