Search Unity

Event validator cap

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Vasilis62, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

Hello,
    I am working with Unity analytics and I read on the tutorial that you only get 10,000 events per project that can be logged in the event validator. Is there any way to increase that cap or I have to contact the Unity team every time I want to reset it?

Thanks in advance!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

May I ask, why do you want to reset it? We still receive the events regardless in our back end system and the events are available on your Dashboard. Also, there is the Clear button that you can use that will do as you suggest, see attached. What tutorial are you referring to?

Attached Files:

3. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

Good day Jeff and thank you for answering. I am talking about this tutorial https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/analytics/intro-to-custom-events?playlist=17123 and after you pointing it out I think I might have mixed the terms in my head. On the Intro tutorial I have linked it is mentioned that on the event validator you can have a max of 10,000 custom events logged per project. That refers to the event validator in the Unity program itself, not the Data Explorer on the Analytics Dashboard?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That appears to be an old article and not currently applicable. What problem are you trying to solve, perhaps share a screenshot?

5. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

I see. My question is, as you can see on the screenshot I attached, this graph shows the number of events and occurrences of an event. Is there a cap to how many of these events will be logged at the Data Explorer?

Attached Files:

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

I think this thread covered my question, thank you very much Jeff!