Search Unity

Event Trigger not working

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by daisySa, Sep 6, 2014.

1. daisySa

daisySa

I’m really loving the new UI but I can’t get a simple event trigger to work.

I have a text field and I’d like to execute some code when I hover over it. I’ve attached a script to it and added an event trigger. The event trigger has a PointerEnter entry with the text field itself as the game object, and a function in the script as a parameter. The function just displays a Debug.Log message.

When I hover over the text field, I’m not seeing the log message. Any ideas?

2. orb

orb

Works for me exactly as described. What did you name the function? Does the Canvas it's in have a Graphics Raycaster with the right mask?

Holly_H likes this.
  3. daisySa

daisySa

The graphics raycaster is just set to the default options (priority=3, ignore reversed graphics, blocking objects=none, blocking mask=everything).

The script names are nothing special - it's set up like this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt12h4zgqeobxg5/event trigger issue.png?dl=0

I think it's some very basic error I'm making but I can't find it...

4. orb

orb

I don't see anything wrong either. Perfect time to start a blank repro project and send it to UT if it's still wonky :)

5. daisySa

daisySa

Thanks orb, the issue is solved now - your comment about the canvas put me on to the solution.

The text field was a child of a panel. If I drag it out of there and place it directly under the canvas, it works perfectly. Not sure if that's intentional behaviour or a bug, but at least I have a workaround now. :)

6. orb

orb

Aha! That canvas is rather important, and yes, it's intentional :)