Search Unity

Eternal Tournament - by Meteorite Games

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Dr-facilier, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Dr-facilier

Dr-facilier

Hey guys, kai here, im the designer for the game: Eternal tournament
    Made by Meteorite Games.

MG (Meteorite Games) is going to be an Indi company in Perth (Western Australia) and right now
    we are building our first game ET (Eternal Tournament). But not many, (like 50) people know
    who we are and what we are doing. So i thought of uploading a small progress demo
    of our game hope that you will pass it onto your friends plus would be awesome if you like us on facebook :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meteorite-Games/187239144659492

the demo is attached.

First,

One person will need to host the game, just by left clicking the Start Server
    (See the image below)

You can change the time of the game, by editing the box next to Time
    Next the other player will have to join the game, by entering the ip into server IP box and then left clicking connect.
    To get the IP just press TAB in game
    (see the image below)

Then just put it into the server IP box and left click connect
    Oh almost forgot under Username, put the name you want to be called.
    This will all change and be a lot easier later on.
    To move WASD, to jump space bar, to attack left click, to block right click, to FIRE KICK OF DOOM press Q and we will have other moves and characters in the game later.
    Hope you like it.

here is a small youtube clip of the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrFo-SiOag

Currently our website is down for maintenance:
    meteoritegames.com

Attached Files:

2. Dr-facilier

Dr-facilier

forgot to add tell us what you think about the game, any ideas would be awesome thanks

3. Loud

Loud

The scenery looks like it's coming along though the lighting makes it hard to see exactly what's going on. I think the thing that needs the most work is the combat as that appears to be the heart of your game.

I would recommend checking out the development blog for Aztez (http://aztezgame.com/). Ben has done a lot of great breakdowns of combat found in other games. That should help with developing the combat here in your game.

4. runner

runner

At first i thought you were trying something artistically expressive with the clouds then i looked at the skybox clouds and thought the artistic clouds was smoke so which now :confused:

5. Dr-facilier

Dr-facilier

hey, thanks for your reply's and advice. The clouds are place holders, we are not too sure what we will do in place of them.
    The lighting is being fixed as we speak.
    im a bit unsure what you mean by the combat needs to change, so more explanation would be good thank you