Search Unity

ETA for new ECS package version update?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by optimise, Apr 5, 2018.

1. optimise

optimise

I would like to know when will release new version update and what new feature and changes will introduce? Currently is Entities 0.0.11. What I hope to see is Reactive System will be introduced in next version update then slowly convert current important Unity Components to ECS and make them jobifiable. And then make ECS works natively with scene. Also making asset bundle system works natively with ECS. Finally makes everything works natively with ECS.

2. FROS7

FROS7

Also, will the GitHub release notes be updated as well? The last update i see is for 0.0.4

3. siggigg

siggigg

+1 on wanting news on next release, and perhaps a rough roadmap if there is one?

xXPancakeXx and M_R like this.
  4. PhilSA

PhilSA

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    SubPixelPerfect, FROS7 and siggigg like this.
  5. supron

supron

I agree. I'm mostly interested in which parts of engine will be available first. Currently we have to do a lot of non-pure ECS hacks to communicate with engine. In example, we cannot pass NativeArrays to built-in functions. We know that making whole engine available for pure ECS code, will take years, but public ECS roadmap could be very useful in planning our own projects.

SubPixelPerfect likes this.
  6. starikcetin

starikcetin

A roadmap is essential.

7. siggigg

siggigg

A read a comment somewhere yesterday by a Unity dev that the roadmap for ECS would be shared at Unite in Berlin next month.