Search Unity

Essentials tools and plugins for bennigers

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by masterviana, Sep 30, 2015.

1. masterviana

masterviana

Hey,

Is there a a list of essentials plugins or package that you can recommend for me? I mean I'm a back-end guy and one of thing that I don't like on Corona framework is a lack of a coherent game architecture. I mean everything is pointing to write all the code on same game loop backend file, i've solve this using some ninja and trick ways to avoid this, I've search and I've found this plugin http://strangeioc.github.io/strangeioc/ to structure my game project with unity

Is there more plugins like this? Can you point me a list of must have plugins that every unit guys must have? Or I can see some tutorial where I can see a project structure of a real project? I mean I've see a lot of tutorials and that's is pretty help, but non of this are talk about I do manage files and procjet on a big project or a real project.

2. jhocking

jhocking

By the end of my book Unity in Action I have the reader build up their project's architecture using a Service Locator for centralized data. It's still not a huge game, but there are dozens of script files and multiple scenes. There's no single way you have to organize a big project, that's just how I do it.

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

As for essential plugins and packages, I would argue that there aren't any. I have a few I use here and there for specific needs, e.g., Vectrosity for drawing lines. But most projects don't need to draw any lines, so I don't use it in those.

There are no plugins or packages that I use in every project, and as a I beginner, I would advise you to mainly stick with what comes out of the box until you feel a pressing need for something more.

Kiwasi likes this.
  4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Games vary wildly in structure requirements. So there is typically no essentials beyond the engine. And most games won't even use the entire engine.

There are some frameworks lying around for Unity. Space Puppy is one. But most devs build there own to suit the game requirements.