Search Unity

EscapeRoom_VS Unity package?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by White-Wyvern, Mar 28, 2020.

1. White-Wyvern

White-Wyvern

I started the Oculus VR course “Using Unity to develop VR Experiences”, and reached a point (Unit 3.3) where the tutorial instructs you to load a custom asset package. However, the video assumes you already have the package, and the text accompanying the tutorial just states to download the EscapeRoom vertical slice unity package from the video? Where exactly is this package located?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Tonymotion likes this.
  2. White-Wyvern

White-Wyvern

I believe I found the location under another tab for tutorial materials... :rolleyes:

pettijohn85 likes this.
  3. pedronleal

pedronleal

where did you find this bro?, if you can send the link, i will be grateful

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    rifattareq and bhison like this.
  4. bhison

bhison

Yeah would be great if it was linked. I've clicked the button below the video for Tutorial Files and there's just a pdf for quest support.

EDIT: Oh I found it. You need to scroll to the top of the page the video is on and click the Tutorial Materials tab. This really should be explained. >>> Direct link for the already frustrated enough

5. Tonymotion

Tonymotion

Thank you for verifying that I had the right file! FYI, they've moved the files to download to be inline in the tutorial description, so they're a lot easier to find now. But they're supposedly removing this tutorial and at least one "Mission" containing it as of March 30, 2022.

Helpful hint, for anyone who has downloaded all the supporting files listed on that page, but still can't find the EscapeRoom_VS Unity Package, it's *inside of* a folder in this file: "Vertical Slice - Unity Package.zip". I spent over half an hour looking through and importing the various zip files before I stumbled across it. I can only hope that whatever replaces these tutorials is easier to work with and understand. I've already spent almost 11 hours trying to get the sample farm to show up in my HMD.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the program to Play or Run in the Editor, much less in my HMD, in Unity 2018, 2019, & 2020. The VRTK scripts are unable to find namespaces for VRTK, Malimbe, Zinnia, & Tilia, and after hours of searching and finally finding some helpful lines for the manifest.json file, I've finally given up because I can't fix all the many problems with missing prefabs. That 's too bad, I was looking forward to actually making the interactive app in the rest of the tutorial, but it looks like the rest of it depends on it working in "Unit 3". I'll still read/watch the rest of it, though.

But I can't assign too much blame. The tutorial was written for Unity 2018 with an Oculus Rift, but it doesn't work on 2018 anymore, so I tried using it on Unity 2019 & 2020 and with an Oculus Quest 1. So, I can't blame it for me having a hard time. I assume the tutorial worked quite well back in 2019 when it was released.