Search Unity

Question ersistent Issues with Unity Extension Installation and Uninstallation

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by chest99, Mar 20, 2024.

1. chest99

chest99

Hello, I have an issue that I need to resolve, and I'm reaching out to see if you can help me with it. I installed a Unity extension called the Visual Novel Toolkit, but I'm unable to uninstall it. Now, every time I create a project with Unity, it includes this extension, leading to several errors in the folder. Additionally, it generates various files in the packages directory and modifies Unity itself. For instance, I no longer see the typical UI options. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache memory, but Unity continues to generate these errors, and I want to have Unity in its default state without any extensions. I hope you can assist me because I'm somewhat desperate and unable to find a solution. I've attempted uninstalling and reinstalling around 20 times, yet Unity still includes this extension or problem. I'll attach images of the issue.

I hope this is the right place to submit my forum post and receive the help I need.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

For asset support contact the publisher.

I don't see any relation to the toolkit in the screenshots. Which editor version is this? Perhaps you happen to have a version that just happens to throw these errors. Make sure you use the latest patch (bugfix) release indicated by the third number.

Since you mention UI issues try "Reset all layouts" in the top right corner. Possibly you simply have a corrupt window layout, then resetting layouts will fix that.