Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Errors while importing Scriptable Render Pipeline / Shader error in 'Deferred.compute'

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Zahidylin_Marat, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Do you have the file "SRPMARKER" in the same directory as the "ScriptableRenderPipeline" folder ?
    Also, try to simply re-import your ScriptableRenderPipeline, this might help.

3. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

Hey. It works now. What was my mistake?

1. I Moved to unity downloaded folder ScriptableRenderPipeline-master.
    2. Got error - didt'n know that i need download PostProcessing_v2 and thought that i need delete all inside ScriptableRenderPipeline-master folder and only keep ScriptableRenderPipeline.
    3. Than error was still existed and i read about PostProcessing_v2 - downloaded it.

So all works fine if just put ScriptableRenderPipeline-master and than PostProcessing_v2 in unity.

4. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

This is an issue with binaries of Unity. There is a class in SRP (Core, HD, LW) that add a path for the include of shader compilation. It appear that at some point the binaries was not able to load information of path in correct order, thus why it can't compile shaders. This have been solve recently. One of the workaround is to delete the Library folder.

The SRPMARKER file mention by Remy apply only if you have download from GitHub, not from a template.

equalsequals likes this.
  5. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

I created Lightweight Asset, attached it to Graphics settins, changed shaders to LightweightPipeline->Standart.

Getting errors like this - 74 errors:
    Shader error in 'Deferred.compute': #errorSAMPLE_TEXTURECUBE_ARRAY_LOD is not supported on GLES 3.0 at kernel Deferred_Direct_Fptl (on gles3)

I can delete errors and play game...when do android build i am getting 1 fps, while without Lightweight SRP i get 10 fps.

6. id0

id0

It happen all the time now, in the b12, (using HD pipeline from Package Manager) when I'm close project, and open it - I have this error, and everything is pink. I have to dance with a tambourine every time to make it work again.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  7. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

@Zahidylin_Marat The performance difference is most likely due to some difference in Quality Settings and the LW pipeline asset. Most likely you have more rendering features enabled in LWRP.

8. AlterSpace

AlterSpace

I've got the same error, but with the LWRP.
    Unity 2018b12 and Lightweight Render Pipeline 1.1.2 form the package manager. As it is, it seems it doesn't work out-of-the-box.

9. id0

id0

AlterSpace now I switched to the Github version, merged it into the project folder, and if I have this error, I can just re-import the shader and it will fix it.

10. Double-V

Double-V

Has anyone fixed it without downloading the github version and just using the package manager version? This problem seems to still exist in the official release.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

There is no official release, only preview release. The official release is much later in the year.

12. MarcoGiordanoMPC2

MarcoGiordanoMPC2

I have spent hours trying to get the SRP from github working. I am running 2018.1f2 and corresponding f2 tag for the repository.

I am keep getting the same shader compilation error. We are in need to debug some stuff so we need to run the SRP from source, so I can step in with the debugger.

I tried all the possible trouble shoot and work around I could find in the forum and on github page, I reimported countless time, rebooted, cleared shader cache and any combination of those still no luck. About the SRPMAKER , file is in there, I tried both to keep it where it comes from the cloning of the repo, and move it one lvl up.
    Still no luck
    Can anyone help with that?

davidfrk likes this.
  13. frededk

frededk

I have also spent hours on it. It seems like I get more and more errors. Like Directory does not exist. Import FBX errors. Failed to open source file. File could not be read. Package directory could not be found. Too many shader keywords. To begin with I managed to get it to build after some hacky workarounds (Still gave exceptions though), but it crashed on the Hololens though because it couldn't access some memory address in UnityPlayer.dll. I seems like I need a magic formula to make it work or perhaps my computer is just too slow.

14. Double-V

Double-V

We probably just have to wait for the next SRP update at this point. At least packages can be updated independently now.

15. MarcoGiordanoMPC2

MarcoGiordanoMPC2

Unluckily I cannot use packges, due to not having direct internet access at work, that is why we need to use github. Anywya for now I can kinda work, I can write my own SRP , I just cannot run the LWRP or HDRP from source, If I start a project setting the right LWRP or HDRP preset than those works, but I cannot debug the source.