Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Errors when switching to a new version of the unit

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Hacker237, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Hacker237

Hacker237

Hello.
    I wanted to download the new version of Unity 2021.2.17f1, but I couldn't do it using the hub, because my disk with the operating system is busy. Then I downloaded the editor from the unity website.
    Errors appear when I create or open a project with this version of the editor.
    So when I created a new project on this version, I got 148 errors and warnings even though the project is completely new.
    Here is an error example:

The .meta file Packages/com.unity.burst/Unity.Burst.CodeGen/Unity.Burst.Cecil.dll.meta does not have a valid GUID and its corresponding Asset file will be ignored. If this file is not malformed, please add a GUID, or delete the .meta file and it will be recreated correctly

The .meta file Packages/com.unity.burst/Unity.Burst.CodeGen/Unity.Burst.Cecil.Mdb.dll.meta does not have a valid GUID and its corresponding Asset file will be ignored. If this file is not malformed, please add a GUID, or delete the .meta file and it will be recreated correctly

Asset Packages/com.unity.burst/Unity.Burst.Unsafe.dll has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

How solve this problems and where I can see folder "Packages"?
    The folder myProjectName/Packages only have two json file which named "manifest" and "packages-lock".

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    scorpioservo likes this.