Search Unity

Errors when switching from UWP To Standalone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GIRsMySpritAnimal, Nov 22, 2017.

1. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

I used to be able to build to Windows/Standalone fine but after testing my project with UWP on my Xbox One I get these errors when trying to build on standalone. I need to export it to get testers to play it. I'm on a deadline and I really need help

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 11 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task<T>' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 21 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 40 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 60 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task<T>' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 87 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task<T>' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 91 Active
    Error CS0433 The type 'Task<T>' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs 95 Active

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Looks like you copied Unity.Tasks.dll into your Unity project. Remove it.

3. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

I never copied it but now I'm getting these errors and I can't build to UWP now either. Everything is broken now

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0012 The type 'Task<>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UserProfile.cs 184 Active
    Error CS0012 The type 'Task<>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UserProfile.cs 190 Active
    Error CS0012 The type 'Task' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Chibisu's Costume Crusade C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Chibisu\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Chibisu's Costume Crusade\Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UserProfile.cs 202 Active

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Well it got into your project somehow. You must have copied it in. If your UWP builds depend on it, you could mark is as only compatible with UWP in the plugin inspector.

5. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

It came with my xbox plug in i guess
    And how do I do that. I've never seen the plug in inspector before

6. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

Never mind found it.

7. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

I'm getting these errors now but I can't see them in VS so I made them an image.

8. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

I can't get the images to work How do I link them so it shows the image

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

you could upload them to an image hosting site like imgur.com and post links here.

10. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

OK here are the images

11. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

OK even imgur isnt working
    lets try it again

12. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

well ignore the images for now I set the tasks dll to standalone and it still isn't working.
    Is there anything else I can try

13. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Set Unity.Tasks.dll to be NOT be compatible with Standalone. You don't want any of Xbox Live stuff there.

Besides, your error now complains about Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

15. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

yah i already changed that JSon back I switched it by accident. Also the standalone was already set to be not included on the DLL. Now that I changed it back to not included I'm getting these errors saying I can't build to windows again bc of the threading issue.

https://imgur.com/Qt4gbpW