Search Unity

Errors when building with OVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Hallsofvalhalla, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Hallsofvalhalla

Hallsofvalhalla

I have Unity 4.6.3 and added the OVR package, created a scene, dropped in the OVR character controller and when I build I get
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    OVRManager.get_profile () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:114)
    OVRPlayerController.Update () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRPlayerController.cs:152)

OVRCameraRig.ConfigureCamera (OVREye eye) (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:279)
    OVRCameraRig.UpdateCameras () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:147)
    OVRCameraRig.LateUpdate () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:113)

OVRPlayerController.OnDisable () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRPlayerController.cs:130)

Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs(401,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `OVRVolumeControl' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

2. JDMulti

JDMulti

I had this issue when I had not only the OVR controller of Oculus, but also the Mobile and Google Cardboard imported into my project. One of them breaks the other and comes up with these errors.

As far I know and you import the Oculus Rift SDK in a fresh project or Oculus Mobile SDK, create new scene, drag in the OVR Controller, add the scene to the build and build it, it should work without any issues. ( experienced with 4.6.4 and lower )

Try creating a fresh project first, test in there if you're new and later on import in your existing project. This way you know how to get started with VR without anything else that can error up your learning curve :p

3. Hallsofvalhalla

Hallsofvalhalla

This is a brand new project. Nothing but a plane and the controller. What do you mean importing all three things? I only see one Unity package to import on the downloads.

4. JDMulti

JDMulti

Strange that it doesn't work.

With the 3 things I ment all VR sdk's from occulus and cardboard. I had once an oculus rift project and wanted to build it for mobile as well. So I downloaded the mobile sdk and imported it, but then I had hunderds of errors and such. I thought maybe you did the same =)

But if it's an empty project, it shouldn't error. I'm using 4.6.4 without any issues, but I got not the last Oculus SDK, I'm still at version 4 instead of 5 I saw yesterday

5. Hallsofvalhalla

Hallsofvalhalla

thanks for the replies. I am gonna try going back a version of the OVR

6. Hallsofvalhalla

Hallsofvalhalla

now i get a
    Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs(373,17): error CS0103: The name `OVRTouchpad' does not exist in the current context

7. Hallsofvalhalla

Hallsofvalhalla

fixed it, i downloaded the entire Android SDk and used the package in there vs the actual unity one. Before I had only downloaded the Unity .5 one.