Search Unity

Errors on first run "Exception: RawDataProvider unable to load from url"

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MM47, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MM47

MM47

Hi,
    First of all great job with addressables so far, I got them setup and running after a few hours.

I still have one issue. When I build the game and run it for the first time I get two errors like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [20:28:06] Exception: RawDataProvider unable to load from url file:///C:/Users/XXXXXX/com.unity.addressables/catalog_2018.12.05.19.25.59.hash, result='Generic/unknown HTTP error'.
    I dont' use any remote bundles.
    I use default settings.
    All bundles are created like this:

On second run of the game the errors dissapear.

Addressables 0.4.8
    StandaloneWindows64

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. rachelgarza

rachelgarza

Unity Technologies

3. MM47

MM47

Oh forgot to mention: 0.4.8 StandaloneWindows64.
    No, that thread isn't helpful because he's using remote location and all I'm using is local. Also I'm using windows not ios.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. Hostur

Hostur

+, the same problem I cannot use addressables in build at all, (0.4.8) too.
    ....07.hash, result='HTTP/1.1 404 NotFound'. I'm using local, default configuration.

5. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

We have the same kind of issue here.
    We are 3 to work on the project and I setup my AssetGroup schemas etc... I pushed them on our git
    But as soon as our developer get them and try a start on their computer it seems that all filename generated with hash are rebuild and it seems to break some .asset. And then the error is triggered.

Is it normal ? I'm quite surprised to see something in a Unity package that could be computer dependant or maybe it's a bug ?
    So basically each time they get my assets back, your package will generated new asset/meta for each schemas which is really annoying + it generates this error (maybe or maybe not due to that).

6. MM47

MM47

I think everyone has this bug. Hopefully they fix it.

Btw. this doesnt happen in editor with Packed Mode.

7. XRA

XRA

same issue here, it never loads, also why is it even trying to access c:\Users ???
    the standalone build is not located there, it should be looking in *_Data\StreamingAssets

8. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

We have had this bug in our case it seems to be harmless. It seems like the expected 404 when trying to open the local hash when that does not exist is printed out. If you enable full logging in the addressable you will see that the system will then load the remote file instead.

While your case might be different and it might actually be causing you an issue, be warned that I went down a deep rabbit hole because of this red herring, we had problems with the addressables and incorrectly assumed that this exception had something to do with it.