Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Errors in console

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by johnsietsma, Dec 7, 2018.

1. johnsietsma

johnsietsma

Unity Technologies

Hello,

I've imported the package, opened a project and get continual errors and the editor is not displaying Tiny items. Not sure if it's relevant, but I've gone to Windows->Layout and set the default layout.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length
    System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.GameView.FindSize (System.String text) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/GameView.cs:169)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.GameView.RemoveCustomSize (System.String text) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/GameView.cs:152)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.GameView.RemoveTinySize () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/GameView.cs:108)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.GameView.SetSize (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/GameView.cs:53)
    Unity.Tiny.UnityManager.SetGameViewSize (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Context/UnityManager/UnityManager.cs:29)
    Unity.Tiny.UnityManager.SetTinySize () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Context/UnityManager/UnityManager.cs:57)
    Unity.Tiny.UnityManager.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Context/UnityManager/UnityManager.cs:44)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.EditorApplication.ProcessUpdates (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] list) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/EditorApplication.cs:94)
    Unity.Tiny.Bridge.EditorApplication.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/InternalBridge/EditorApplication.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)

2. raymondyunity

raymondyunity

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    Just to be sure, the Unity version you are using is 2018.3.0b12? What project did you try to open?

If the Editor is not displaying Tiny items (I assume you mean the icons in the project window) then the Tiny Package failed to install correctly.

Can you try creating a new Unity project and reinstall via the Package Manager again? The windows layout mode should not matter at all.

3. johnsietsma

johnsietsma

Unity Technologies

Yes, I'm on b12.

I deleted the project and tried again with the same result.

- Open hub, create new project with 3D template.
    - Import "Tiny Mode" package from package manager. Gives error:
    CacheServer Asset validation failed 'Packages/com.unity.tiny/Editor Default Resources/Icons/d_tinyComponent.png'.
    File does not exist library/metadata/07/072a068eb0d406c49afce16e68644735.tmp_cache
    - Tiny->Import Samples...
    - Tiny->File->Open Project. Open "Basic Workshop".
    - Continual console spam:
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length
    - Tiny Context Window has "No project or module is currently loaded"
    - Hierarchy has "TinyProject-DoNotEdit".

Project was retrieved from local cache server, so perhaps if there was an error loading it is still getting the same incomplete files.

4. etienne_unity

etienne_unity

Unity Technologies

5. johnsietsma

johnsietsma

Unity Technologies

The cause was, in the "Game" window, in the size dropdown I have a size called "(Recording resolution)".
    This causes this code in GameView.cs to try to substring a negative index.
    Removing this game size fixes the issue. Not sure how this game size was in the list, perhaps Unity Recorder added it.

Code (CSharp):
    1. var pren = display.IndexOf('(');
    2. if (pren != -1)
    3.     display = display.Substring(0, pren - 1);