Search Unity

Errors in build when using Localize Texture with Asset table

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Bumpalump, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Bumpalump

Bumpalump

I'm using simple Localize Texture Event with Asset Table that just contain flags to show which Locale is currently active and I get those errors:

When i use Assets Database method in editor everything works but when I try to build to Android or switch play mode script to use Existing build it shows those errors. It's specific to Asset table as String table works normally. Any ideas?

Using Addressabless 1.19.9 and localization 1.0.3 on unity 2020.3.15f2

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

That seems to imply that the Texture is missing. Did you rebuild the addressables when you switched platform?

3. Bumpalump

Bumpalump

Yes - I've rebuilt it multiple times but problem persists. Also there's no errors during build process. It just says that build was successfull.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

5. Bumpalump

Bumpalump

Here's how analyzer looks like:

Texture is marked as addressable and groups look good too:

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

There seems to be an issue with the Russian flag. Does it say what's wrong with it?

7. Bumpalump

Bumpalump

not really no - just exclamation mark. Tho I tested it with different graphics and the problem persists.

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Ah I think its saying that you are referencing the texture in the scene TangramGame and also in an asset bundle so it will create duplicates. Its just a warning so unlikely to be the cause of this issue.

Could you try step 5 from here please https://forum.unity.com/threads/troubleshooting-addressables-issues.1060346/
    Is the error for all languages or just a particular one? Does it always say the same Key in the exception?