Search Unity

Errors in baking light

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by mirkadl, Mar 2, 2018.

1. mirkadl

mirkadl

Hi everyone,
    I'm Mirka and it is the first time that I use this forum. I have a problem with the set up of the light in my project. I have an indoor scene. I use only directional light, but as you can see from the picture, there are some elements that is correctly illuminated.. other are white. I use the same material to these different elements. There is anyone who can help me?
    Thank you!!
    upload_2018-3-2_18-9-24.png

Attached Files:

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Is the white object static as well?

3. mirkadl

mirkadl

Yes they are!

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I don't know, it's hard to judge just from those screenshots. It could be a number of things. What have you tried so far?

5. mirkadl

mirkadl

I tried to attach the single objects and I added two point light. Nothing change... I really don't understand why, for example, only one bench are wthite.. They are all instance with the same material!!!

6. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello! We would need more information, in order to determine what is causing this issue:
    • Which Unity version are you using?
    • Are you using Progressive Lightmapper or Englighten? Or perhaps both?
    • Could you provide a screenshot of your lighting settings?
    Alternatively, you can just attach a link to your project and we could try taking a look at it on our end. Thank you!

7. mirkadl

mirkadl

Hi! I'm using Unity 2017.3.1f1 with Englighten.
    upload_2018-3-6_17-1-32.png

8. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

You need to check your normals, make sure that they are all facing the correct direction. Are you using sketchup models, if so are you doing double sided or did you edit the model to be correct.

If you are using sketchup models you really need to not generate backface, instead edit the model in monochrome and make sure all normals are facing out, then remove all backface materials with Materials extension.

I can't tell if that is a lightmap issue or a (incorrect normals light bleed issue).

Turn off your baked lighting and post some pictures with baked and without so i can get a better picture of what is happening.

9. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

I can tell you that directional lights in unity work so if you have a light issue, first you need to check to see if it exists without baked or realtime GI enabled. If it does, its a modeling issue and most likely has to do with normals.

10. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Oh, I see that you are using Realtime GI and Baked, pretty sure you need to choose one or the other.

Baked will have the same effect as Realtime GI with the exception that you can't change a materials emission and have the lighting update in mealtime without the use of light probes.

I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure you need to choose one but not both.

11. mirkadl

mirkadl

Thank you so much! I model it in Autodesk Revit. I will check it and let you know if it works!!