Search Unity

Errors from Progrids

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by LumoKvin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. LumoKvin

LumoKvin

I really love Progrids. I am getting some errors though. What should I do about this?

Capture.PNG

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Those are not errors, their warnings. They're telling you that these will work for now, but at some point in the future they will not. Maybe updating Progrids will eliminate these warnings.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Something that is marked deprecated or obsolete may work just fine for now, or it may be broken. Unity QA is not likely putting much effort to testing deprecated or obsolete parts of Unity with a new release. But I wouldn't worry about it from a 3rd party asset if the asset is still performing properly.

Like already mentioned, a newer version of the asset may already have eliminated these warnings. If not you could contact the author of the asset to ask them about a timeline for an update. Though it only really becomes a problem when Unity eventually removes the old deprecated API, but Unity has a history of usually leaving deprecated/obsolete API's in place for years as long as they aren't getting in the way of new feature development.