Search Unity

Feedback Errors between scenes with Timeline signals

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by MlleBun, Mar 21, 2020.

1. MlleBun

MlleBun

Hi everyone,

I'm having errors in console linked to the first implementation of Timeline signals in my project.

Architecture
    I have two scenes (Main Menu and First Level). From Main Menu, you can go to First Level by clicking on a button. The Signal receiver script is on a component in First Level scene. So is my Timeline with the signals markers.

But when launching Main Menu scene, I have the following errors three times even though, I can fully play the game with no problem. I was just wondering if this comes from my architecture, ex : should I have my Signal Receiver in Main Menu instead? Or may I ignore this error ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. SerializedObjectNotCreatableException: Object at index 0 is null
    2. UnityEditor.Editor.CreateSerializedObject () (at <3e481e8f36eb4d4c8d94b9ba6b2be438>:0)
    3. UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at <3e481e8f36eb4d4c8d94b9ba6b2be438>:0)
    4. UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at <3e481e8f36eb4d4c8d94b9ba6b2be438>:0)
    5. UnityEditor.Timeline.Signals.SignalReceiverInspector.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.13/Editor/Signals/SignalReceiverInspector.cs:26)
    Thanks for your help!

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

In general, it seems like you can ignore that error as it is coming from the inspector of a signal and should not impact the functioning of signals whatsoever. However, it is a bit odd...is there a signal locked to an inspector?

3. MlleBun

MlleBun

Hi @seant_unity, in fact the error does not seem to be there anymore.
    As for your question, I often lock a paricular Timeline tab for a simple reason : I have a fade from black on my camera and if I don't lock the Timeline, my game scene is dark when I'm working in the editor although the cursor is at the end of the fade animation.

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Ok, well if the error comes back and you know how to reproduce, it would be appreciated if you could file a bug.

MlleBun likes this.