Search Unity

Video ERROR:Player having difficulty streaming video "URL"

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by StudioShimazu, Jul 12, 2022.

1. StudioShimazu

StudioShimazu

I'm using Unity's VideoPlayer.

When I stream a video, I get the error "Player having difficulty streaming video" XXXX "".
    Is there a solution?

Unity:2020.3.26f1

This does not always happen, it happens once every few times.

siddharth3322 likes this.
  2. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

It means the player didn't receive any frames for a while. Either you have a connection issue, or your computer can't provide frames fast enough.

3. StudioShimazu

StudioShimazu

thank you for your answer.
    Certainly, it does not appear on other people's PCs, but it does appear on my PC.
    The only solution is to make the process lighter, right?
    Will it be improved using other tools?

If possible, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with some material to resolve this error.
    When I looked it up, it didn't come out so much, so I'm in trouble.

4. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

The first thing I would do is find out if it is a computer issue or a network issue. If your game runs fine (like over 20 fps) and your file is not 8k, it is probably not your computer. But the fact that it works on other PCs, but not yours, is bothering me.

If you have access to the file, I would play it locally to see if you get the same issue (you will not see "Player having difficulty streaming video" because it is only sent when playing from a URL). So make sure it runs smoothly locally.

After that, check for the network. You said it was working on other PCs. Are they on the WiFi or using a cable? Can you do a speed test on your computer to check your download speed and latency?

5. siddharth3322

siddharth3322