Search Unity

Error?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Samuco, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Samuco

Samuco

I am new to unity and would like to know how to make my game multiplayer. I Don't know Javascript, so could somebody please provide a script that I could use

2. StarManta

StarManta

1) Your subject line doesn't have anything to do with your request as far as i can tell

2) Writing code is a skill, a marketable one, and asking for us to simply give you code outright is at best poor form. Most of us will help someone who needs a snippet or some help with a particular algorithm, and a few have gone so far as the write up programming tutorials to help those starting out. But we won't write your game for you.

3) Making your game multiplayer is very game-specific, and highly intertwined in your game code and design. All we know about your game is that it is a game, so even if we wanted to we couldn't help you with what you've provided.

4) If you don't know Javascript (or C# or Boo), either learn it or be prepared to hire a coder. Like I said, there is a Unity coding tutorial on the Wiki (http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=Head_First_into_Unity_with_JavaScript)

3. AaronC

AaronC

What might be a good start is creating a split-screen game for two players? This will get you familiar with unity and will create a lot of the required stuff for pure multiplayer. If you plan on sticking with unity, you'll eventually learn the code stuff, but it does take time. So give it time.
    AC

4. Samuco

Samuco

right