Search Unity

Error with TimeStamp [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shreyanshanchlia, Dec 4, 2019.

1. shreyanshanchlia

shreyanshanchlia

I have encountered a strange error while working in unity 2019.2f1.
    I saved my project and closed the editor. The next day when I opened it back lwrp ( lightweight render pipeline ) stopped appearing in the graphics section of project settings and some timestamp came up as an error.
    upload_2019-12-4_22-5-57.png

All my game objects disappeared from view and lwrp is showing that scripts cannot be loaded.

upload_2019-12-4_22-13-27.png

Everything related to LWRP is showing the same issue.

upload_2019-12-4_22-15-40.png

I cannot even create new renderers, the tabs are just missing from everywhere.

upload_2019-12-4_22-19-28.png

Please help with this issue. Thank you.

I have already tried:
    Restarting editor, reloading the assets, changing scripting version from dot 4.0, uninstalling and reinstalling lwrp from package manager.

Attached Files:

dcolman likes this.
  2. dcolman

dcolman

Having same issue - tried 2019.2.6 and .15 - same blank time stamp issue. Render not showing up in Create menu. Tried both creating an LWRP project from the start, and starting a Standard 3D project. When I create Standard 3D project, the blank error timestamp doesn't appear at first but shows up when I import LWRP 6.9.2 from the Package Manager, so seems to be connected to that.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. dcolman

dcolman

Ok, went into Package Manager and removed all packages and that made the errors go away. But when I reinstall LWRP from Package Manager the errors come right back.

4. CSelwood

CSelwood

I've had the same issue in the last day only. Now I can't even create an empty project and hit run without it giving me: "all compiler errors have to be fixed".

Edit: to add the LWRP discussion above, I haven't installed LWRP and can't remove it because it's not in my project.

5. dcolman

dcolman

6. CSelwood

CSelwood

This solution hasn't fixed this issue for me at all. I'm getting close to switching to UDK for development, Unity gives me more problems than any other software I've ever used.

7. shreyanshanchlia

shreyanshanchlia

Thanks a lot @dcolman the thread you found solved my issue. It apparently was an error by the unity hub.
    For those of you who haven't tried goto
    C:\unity\2019.2.14f1\Editor\Data\Tools\RoslynScripts
    or wherever you have installed the editor. Then, edit unity_csc.bat file and override it to this. Note that this issue came up when there was trouble with rendering and LWRP.

@echo OFF
    set APPLICATION_CONTENTS=%~dp0..\..
    "%APPLICATION_CONTENTS%\Tools\Roslyn\csc.exe" /shared %*
    exit /b %ERRORLEVEL%

Thanks a lot, guys. This thread saved a lot of my work.