Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error with IOS build in cloud

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by majorapplesauce, Oct 5, 2018.

1. majorapplesauce

majorapplesauce

So, i'm at a loss here. I've been searching the forums as well as the googles to see if i can find an answer. I'm currently using VSTS (so not cloud build) but i'm hoping that the error still maybe similar enough to warrant a response.

Little bit about the environment.

unity version: 5.1.1f1 (yes i know i need to upgrade at some point)

Below are my player settings (debug not release)
    upload_2018-10-5_0-51-27.png

I've also set ENABLE_BITCODE = "NO" programmatically through a postscript process

So, it seems my build produce the xcode project fine.

I've added to a new Git repo. I've uploaded that git Repo to VSTS

I've setup my VSTS pipeline as such below
    upload_2018-10-5_0-55-47.png

When i queue up the build and let it run it gets pretty far in the xcode build, but then this error happens
    upload_2018-10-5_0-57-37.png

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

2. majorapplesauce

majorapplesauce

Well, just in case anyone else is ever interested I've figured this out. There is this stupid bug in this specific version of Unity from what i've read that makes me have to change the MapFileParser.exe to MapFileParser without the extension.

Then unity will build the xcode project.

After that I forgot to change back the MapFileParser to MapFileParser.exe. When i did that and checked in the new file to VSTS and reran my build it worked.

Now, my new problem is that there are now build artifacts after the build suceeded:( Here was the warning message

"
    ##[warning]Directory '/Users/vsts/agent/2.140.2/work/1/a' is empty. Nothing will be added to build artifact 'drop'.

"

Thoughts?