Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Error with hdrp and collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Gametyme, May 22, 2020.

1. Gametyme

Gametyme

I uploaded my project on pc but when I download it on Mac or Pc I get a bunch hdrp errors. I was able to solve most on Mac by deleting the hdrp asset and reinstalling. The final error is below. I have also confirmed that if I copy my project from pc to external hard drive to my Mac everything works fine.

Code (CSharp):
    1. System.Exception: Compute Shader compilation error on platform Metal in file Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderVariables.hlsl:8: failed to open source file: 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition-config/Runtime/ShaderConfig.cs.hlsl' at kernel LightVolumeColors
    2. HDRP will not run until the error is fixed.
    4.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.ValidateResources () [0x00054] in /Users/flyrone/Documents/UnityProjects/Drone Wars 2019.3.13Pc/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.3.1/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:536
    5.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline..ctor (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset asset, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset defaultAsset) [0x006d5] in /Users/flyrone/Documents/UnityProjects/Drone Wars 2019.3.13Pc/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.3.1/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:352
    6.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset.CreatePipeline () [0x00000] in /Users/flyrone/Documents/UnityProjects/Drone Wars 2019.3.13Pc/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.3.1/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipelineAsset.cs:33
    7.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset.InternalCreatePipeline () [0x00004] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineAsset.cs:12
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

2. Gametyme

Gametyme

I was able to fix this by uninstalling the HDRP and reinstalling it. Then doing a reimport. This is really counter productive.

3. scotthill

scotthill

Can confirm, reimporting worked for me as well, though I did not have to reinstall.

4. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

@Gametyme
    Can you please elaborate on what you reimported? Your whole Asset folder?

Cheers!

5. Gametyme

Gametyme

Yes delete the library and open the project.