Search Unity

Error while executing command vswhere.exe during UCB

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by sigvald, Feb 4, 2020.

1. sigvald

sigvald

Hi, I have a project that I can build and run locally for Windows, but when trying to build on Unity's Cloud, I get the following error which results in a build failure.

The vswhere.exe command provides info about the visual studio installation, which makes me think that nothing is wrong on my side.

Does anyone know about this issue ?

19654: [Unity] Error while executing command: /BUILD_PATH/crosscompass.grasping-simulation.default-wxe2hfyip/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.1.2/.Runtime/hostmac/vswhere.exe -legacy -latest -format value -property installationPath

Attached Files:

kankeus, DanielXC and Ziturion like this.
  2. kankeus

kankeus

I'm having this very same problem... Mac builds ok in the cloud, but with Windows builds I get the same error as above... Previously everything worked fine. :/

3. kankeus

kankeus

Ah I narrowed it down to Burst Compiler. I tested it on one script and after that the problem started. Removed Burst Compiler package from Package Manager and now it works.

4. victorw

victorw

Yeah, Burst compiler (and IL2CPP windows compilation which AFAIK it relies on) isn't currently supported by UCB. We're getting pretty close to having Windows IL2CPP compilation working though and you should expect that Burst compiler will be ready by the time Burst/DOTS leaves preview.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    kankeus likes this.
  5. sigvald

sigvald

Thanks for the explanation. I'm looking forward to that !

6. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello, Im also getting Error on UCB due to burst compiler. Any update on this?

Code (CSharp):
    1. 1488: [Unity] ERROR: Error while executing command: /BUILD_PATH/xxxxxxx-windows-desktop-64-bit/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.2.3/.Runtime/hostmac/vswhere.exe -legacy -latest -format value  -property installationPath
    2. 1489: [Unity] UnityEngine.Debug:LogPlayerBuildError(String, String, Int32, Int32)
    3. 1490: [Unity] Error while executing command: /BUILD_PATH/xxxxxx-windows-desktop-64-bit/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.2.3/.Runtime/hostmac/vswhere.exe -legacy -latest -format value  -property installationPath
    4. 1491: [Unity] ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Error while executing command: /BUILD_PATH/xxxxxxxxx-windows-desktop-64-bit/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.2.3/.Runtime/hostmac/vswhere.exe -legacy -latest -format value  -property installationPath ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/BUILD_PATH/xxxxxx.ladouche-windows-desktop-64-bit/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.2.3/.Runtime/hostmac/vswhere.exe', CommandLine='-legacy -latest -format value  -property installationPath', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

7. Sylker

Sylker

Updated Burst is working just fine. Using Unity 2019.3.

victorw likes this.
  8. victorw

victorw

Yeah this was mentioned in another thread, the latest versions of Burst support cross-platform compilation and so work just fine with UCB. IL2CPP is still not supported by UCB but that's currently in progress and getting close to ready (and I found out that Burst dropped its dependency on IL2CPP a few years back...)

9. bradunity

bradunity