Search Unity

Error when trying to open a project when selected the Android platform (unity 5.2 linux)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by peterwilli, Dec 3, 2015.

1. peterwilli

peterwilli

Hi,

I have a Ubuntu laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. The Unity 5.2 linux build isn't working for me when trying to open a project that has the build platform selected to android.

I tried both selecting the android platform myself inside unity 5.2 and selecting it in 5.1 (still linux) and then upgrade to 5.2 and then open again. In both cases I get the same error (see screenshot, it's rather hard to explain :)) The error appears a little bit halfway trough the importing process.

As I haven't seen this error before, I had the question if anyone else had this kind of error? I also tried removing the Temp folder, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Tak

Tak

Hi, can you send us your project? (Help->Report a Bug inside Unity should be fine.)

3. peterwilli

peterwilli

@Tak I don't like sending this particular project, but I believe it happens with every project. I'll send you another one if it happens over there too. Otherwise I send the original project (for the bugs sake :p)

4. peterwilli

peterwilli

@Tak there is a problem that the UI hangs when importing, can I use the bug reporter even when unity isn't fully loaded yet?

5. Tak

Tak

The problem is that it doesn't happen for me with every project. :)
    You can launch the bug reporter manually from BugReporter/unity.bugreporter in your Unity install directory - however, if the main editor window doesn't load at all, this may be a symptom of a much larger issue.

6. peterwilli

peterwilli

Thanks! I'll do that right now.
    Weird that it doesn thappen for you but that actually cheers me up, because then there's hope for me :D.

I have a SSD maybe that's the issue. I'll link the bug here once it's done

Update: Hmm yes, it deosnt happen for me neither with a new project.
    I remember I tried making a new project a while ago and adding the same files to it, I got the same issue with android.
    Update 2: I just opened another larger project inside Unity for linux, and it also happily switched to Android. I suggest it's a good idea to send the project that is causing this bug over to you guys.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  7. peterwilli

peterwilli

Big update! I fixed it! I removed a folder named UnityVS from my project. Suddenly it was loading everything! I just leave it here in case someone else has the same problem. I dont know how it got there. I also dont know why it only affects Android.

See the shot of the folder I removed.

@Tak thanks for the assistance! I totally missed out on the 5.2 builds because of this bug, but now I'm so happy with it! It looks so nice and works so smooth :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015