Search Unity

Error when trying cloud build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by firstwizard007, Jul 10, 2021.

1. firstwizard007

firstwizard007

Build GameProfits Android wasn't launched: "Could not parse Unity Version from ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt."
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent ()

This is really annoying, I hate asking for help, but wtf is this ? I tried deleting the other projects ProjectVersion.txt with no luck , Any work around ?

harada_unity861 likes this.
  2. firstwizard007

firstwizard007

Here is live error

Attached Files:

3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in the response here.

If this appears in the Cloud Build log, this is a bug that the team is working on right now. Meanwhile the workaround is to set the Unity version in the config of your target to a specific version instead of 'Auto-detect'.

As you've attached the screenshot from the Editor, I'm afraid this might be the Editor issue. If this appears in the Editor, could you please confirm that the ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt file exists in your repository?

SamohtVII likes this.
  4. guneyozsan

guneyozsan

I get this error occasionally. After some time it fixes itself, but still annoying and interrupts workflow.

5. guneyozsan

guneyozsan

Also, here is the screenshot from the cloud build as the original post refers to a different error: upload_2021-11-27_22-52-13.png

6. guneyozsan

guneyozsan

Update: While trying the workaround, setting editor version manually from config, it had me do the source control setup from the start (choosing source control provider Github, GitLab...etc). If it helps we are using GitLab.

After the re-setup building with auto-detect version worked fine.