Search Unity

Error when training ML-agents Penguin Tutorial: Environment stopping

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by mqc410872027, Apr 10, 2020.

1. mqc410872027

mqc410872027

Hi
    I am very new to this and just started to follow the ml-agents: penguins.
    After I started training (by entering the command in Anaconda Prompt) and pressed the playing button in the Unity Editor, it gives me below error:

(ml-agents) PS C:\Users\41087> cd "G:\Project Genesis\ml-agents-master\ml-agents-0.13.1\ml-agents-0.13.1"
    (ml-agents) PS G:\Project Genesis\ml-agents-master\ml-agents-0.13.1\ml-agents-0.13.1> mlagents-learn config/trainer_config.yaml --curriculum config/curricula/penguin --run-id penguin_01 --train
    WARNING:tensorflow:From C:\Users\41087\Anaconda3\envs\ml-agents\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\compat\v2_compat.py:65: disable_resource_variables (from tensorflow.python.ops.variable_scope) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
    Instructions for updating:
    non-resource variables are not supported in the long term

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓
    ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓
    ,▄▄▄m▀▀▀' ,▓▓▓▀▓▓▄ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▌
    ▄▓▓▓▀' ▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▄▄ ▄▄ ,▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ,▄▄ ▄▓▓▌▄ ▄▄▄ ,▄▄
    ▄▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀ ▐▓▓▌ ▓▓▌ ▐▓▓ ▐▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▌▀ ^▓▓▌ ╒▓▓▌
    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▓▓▓ ▓▀ ▓▓▌ ▐▓▓ ▐▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▌ ▐▓▓▄ ▓▓▌
    ▀▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▄ ▓▓ ▓▓▌ ▐▓▓ ▐▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▌ ▐▓▓▐▓▓
    ^█▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▄ ▐▓▓▌ ▓▓▓▓▄▓▓▓▓ ▐▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓`
    '▀▓▓▓▄ ^▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ └▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ^▀▀ `▀▀ `▀▀ '▀▀ ▐▓▓▌
    ▀▀▀▀▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓, ▓▓▓▓▀
    `▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ¬`▀▀▀█▓

Version information:
    ml-agents: 0.13.1,
    ml-agents-envs: 0.13.1,
    Communicator API: API-13,
    TensorFlow: 2.0.1
    INFO:mlagents.trainers:CommandLineOptions(debug=False, num_runs=1, seed=-1, env_path=None, run_id='penguin_01', load_model=False, train_model=True, save_freq=50000, keep_checkpoints=5, base_port=5005, num_envs=1, curriculum_folder='config/curricula/penguin', lesson=0, no_graphics=False, multi_gpu=False, trainer_config_path='config/trainer_config.yaml', sampler_file_path=None, docker_target_name=None, env_args=None, cpu=False, width=84, height=84, quality_level=5, time_scale=20, target_frame_rate=-1)
    INFO:mlagents_envs:Listening on port 5004. Start training by pressing the Play button in the Unity Editor.
    INFO:mlagents.trainers:UnityEnvironment worker 0: environment stopping due to UnityTimeOutException
    INFO:mlagents.trainers:Learning was interrupted. Please wait while the graph is generated.
    INFO:mlagents.trainers:Saved Model
    (ml-agents) PS G:\Project Genesis\ml-agents-master\ml-agents-0.13.1\ml-agents-0.13.1>

====================================

Further investigation determined it is due to UnityTimeOutException error. Could anyone help, much appreciated!!

Ml-agent version 0.13.1
    Unity 2019.3.8f1
    Barracuda ver 0.4.0

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll forward this to the team so they can take a look.

3. WalkLearner

WalkLearner

If you follow the latest penguin example from this link, you should have the exact version of the environment that the demonstrator has, i.e. ML-agents 0.14.0 and Unity 2018.4.14f1.

4. christophergoy

christophergoy

could you print out the debug console from unity as well? I'm not sure what the issue is exactly.

5. christophergoy

christophergoy

It looks like the port is wrong in the connection. It should be on port 5004, not 5005.

6. christophergoy

christophergoy

you can add the --base_port=5004 option when you run the command and it should work