Search Unity

error when opening a code file in unity4.5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Brodic, May 30, 2014.

1. Brodic

Brodic

I updated unity to 4.5 and bad things happened. When I double click a code file in project I get the following errors from MonoDevelop:

Error while trying to load the project : "xxxx/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.csproj":expected ';' (3B) but found '/' (2F) Line 157,position 59.
    Error while trying to load the project : "xxxx/Assembly-CSharp.csproj":expected ';' (3B) but found '/' (2F) Line 341,position 59.
    Error while trying to load the project : "xxxx/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj":expected ';' (3B) but found '/' (2F) Line 203,position 59.
    Error while trying to load the project : "xxxx/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.unityproj":expected ';' (3B) but found '/' (2F) Line 169,position 59.

All these error reports are pointing to those "proj" files created by unity automatically when you write down your first line of code.
    even thought I delete them all, and when I reopen a code file , the same problem occurs. And those "proj" file would appear in my project folder again.

Did any here share the problem? Have you solved it?

2. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

I'm exactly in the same situation. No clue, I have tried to delete all mono related stuff from the project but without luck... Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

3. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

I just found that it happens when you have a dll in the project. Currently working on Mac with the editor in PC,Mac & Linux Standalone

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I guess my suggestion is to open one of the csproj files in a text editor, and see what is on line 157, column 59. Maybe share that file, or a screen shot of part of it so we can help work out what MD is seeing.

5. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

Hi Graham,

This is one of the errors:

"Error while trying to load the project '/MyPath/Assembly-CSharp.csproj': excepted ';' (3B) but found '/' (2F) Line 661, position 54.

And this is what it looks like:

<Reference Include="HOTween">
    <HintPath>/Users/Cesar/_Bravo/Tanks&PlanesPrototype/Assets/Extensions/HOTween/Plugins/HOTween.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

The exact same project works perfect in the other mac which is the exact same model. I'm afraid it's something more complicated.

6. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

I found the problem: the project name has an unsupported character "&". Change that and it worked again.

Hope it helps, Cheers

7. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hmm. Doesn't explain why it worked on the identical other Mac.

8. any_user

any_user

I had the same problem with a "&" in the project folder path. Changing the folder name fixed it as a workaround.

9. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

Graham, well the "exact same project" that I said was "exact" but the project folder name... Thats why it was working in the other mac. Sorry for that :(

10. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Lol. I see. Glad you are sorted.