Search Unity

Bug Error when installing Multiplayer Samples Utilities package

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by DreamCraftRevivify, Jun 3, 2023.

1. DreamCraftRevivify

DreamCraftRevivify

When I follow the instructions in the docs for installing the Multiplayer Samples Utilities package I get 6 errors like this one:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.multiplayer.samples.coop@a4cafe2062\Utilities\SceneManagement\SceneLoaderWrapper.cs(45,28): error CS1061: 'NetworkManager' does not contain a definition for 'OnClientStarted' and no accessible extension method 'OnClientStarted' accepting a first argument of type 'NetworkManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Both Net Code for GameObjects and Multiplayer Tools appear to be installed correctly. What could I do to resolve this.

2. cerestorm

cerestorm

Updating to Netcode version 1.4.0 should fix those errors.

3. unity_799E5AB072410926528D

unity_799E5AB072410926528D

It has worked for me, I had the same problem and update to 1.4 and were resolved. If you cant install it because unity says that is the most update, just click in add by name and put: "com.unity.netcode.gameobjects" and iut will automatically install thge latest version

4. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Thanks for raising this!
    I flagged this internally, I hope the dependency mistake will be fixed soon!