Search Unity

Bug Error when creating custom events

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by mariabrito17, Nov 10, 2022.

1. mariabrito17

mariabrito17

Hello!

I'm adding custom events in a new environment and have been getting this error message: upload_2022-11-10_14-20-28.png

Sometimes when I change to another environment and come back to this one or when I refresh the page, I can add one custom event, but in the following one I'll get this error again.
    This makes the process of creating custom events very slow and ineffective.
    I have other two environments where the creation of custom events went by with no issue a few weeks ago. Only now I'm facing this issue, since the message is ambiguous, I'm not sure what to do to solve it.

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey there mariabrito17,

Thanks for reaching out! That's an unusual error message for custom event creation. Is it possible you have an adBlocker enabled that is blocking something on the Unity Dashboard? Is this something you've seen before when creating custom events, or is it only happening today? I ask because today we have a partial outage that is causing new events to have delays when reaching your dashboard, however, this isn't referring to Custom Event Creation and truthfully should not impact it the way you're experiencing.

Are you able to create custom events without issue on your other environments? If you'd like you could DM your Organization ID and I could take a look

3. mariabrito17

mariabrito17

No, I have no adBlocker active. I've tried in multiple web browsers, but the same error eventually appears. This issue is intermittent which is really weird, because sometimes by refreshing the page or changing the environments and then going back to the same one, it allows me to create a new custom event. However, in the following one it might appear the same error message again.

I have created multiple custom events in two other environments with no issue.

By the way, this also affects the parameter creation.

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey mariabrito17, did you get my response to your message (in Conversations)? Do you have a lot of custom events/parameters on this environment? More than your other environments?

5. mariabrito17

mariabrito17

Hi! I haven't created more custom events on that environment, so I'm not sure if it's solved or not.

6. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey again, I was more curious about the number of custom events/parameters on this environment, vs your other environments. Working on it! Wondering also if you could give me your OrgID in the open Conversation we have (it's private).

Best,
    Randy