Search Unity

Error when combining UnityPlayerActivity with opencv

Discussion in 'Android' started by kyewong, Jun 28, 2016.

1. kyewong

kyewong

Hi all,

I am planning to combine unity java plugin with opencv on android, to use the android native camera instead of using Unity webcamtexture. When I tried to implement CvCameraViewListener2 based on UnityPlayerActivity (the code is like: public class MainActivity extends UnityPlayerActivity implements CvCameraViewListener2), the error:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.kw.testopencv/com.kw.testopencv.MainActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.kw.testopencv.MainActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.kw.testopencv-2/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.kw.testopencv-2/lib/arm, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

always occurs, and the app crashes when started.

However if I only use UnityPlayerActivity to extend MainActivity, without implementing CvCameraViewListener2, it works well.

I exported the .jar file in Eclipse IDE and put it into the 'Assets\Plugins\Android' folder, together with the AndroidManifest.xml and 'res' folder following the official guide.

I attached the MainActivity.java and AndroidManifest.xml.

Could anyone tell me where is the problem please?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. dole_doug

dole_doug

did you solve this problem?
    can you share it?

I'm getting the same error message and I'm out of ideas

3. kyewong

kyewong

Sorry but i failed to make it work. Instead I used the Android Camera class inside the inherited UnityPlayerActivity class to get the camera byte[] data and convert it to opencv mat myself.