Search Unity

Feedback Error: unity Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Oct 8, 2021.

1. darashayda

darashayda

If you move your CCD cloud rigged characters from 2020.x to 2021.x it immediately fails:

Error: unity Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh

The problem is caused by

Addressables.InstantiateAsync(prefabKey)

Since for 2021.x you need to add the NavMesh to your animated assets and if you upload the NavMesh as an asset into the CCD Bucket, it correctly downloads it into the live running-game and yet the Instantiation fails with the error message above.

I examined the two NavMeshes i.e. the one in the original source project and the other the target live running game and seemingly all is correct except the Blue-ish Walkable Surface area missing in the latter target game.

No programming hint of any kind anywhere in Unity docs and forums.

So the work around is rather simple: Upload the minimal scene where the NavMesh resides via:

Addressables.LoadSceneAsync(PrefabKey)

Do not upload the NavMesh into CCD by itself. If you do scene+NavMesh upload into CCD the problem disappears.

In summary the NavMesh protocol for 2021.x:

1. Addressables.LoadContentCatalogAsync
    2. Addressables.LoadSceneAsync(PrefabKey), this downloads the correct NavMesh, any other way of transporting NavMesh fails, and I will of course fix this problem as well very soon
    Addressables.InstantiateAsync

Dara