Search Unity

Error trying to put the key on the editor where it asks for it...

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by JustAnotherDude, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZokMoney

ZokMoney

The work around that unityjingyao explained above worked for me. After entering it in that route, I tried again in unity and it instantly worked.

2. lewis_rafter

lewis_rafter

Would you mind pointing out where in analytics dashboard the entry field can be found

For reference im being told that my key is in an invalid format when entering it in the unity editor

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

4. mrblasto

mrblasto

I had this error as well. But I had changed the name of the project locally. I did two things; one was to log into the analytics dashboard website from the link in the services panel. However I did nothing there, just included it in case being logged in while pasting the license was relevant. I then pasted in the google license and it worked.

5. tataygames

tataygames

Thanks men it work!, at first it doesnt work, then i click the analytics again while still in play mode.
    then I go to the in-app purchasing then put my key there while still playing and it WORKS!.

6. TortoRacoon

TortoRacoon

I'm having the same issue and the work around you're offering sends me to the editor where I am having this problem

upload_2019-10-26_17-31-27.png

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That's not the Editor, that's the Dashboard. In the Editor, go to the Services window, then click on the link at the top that says "Go to Dashboard"

8. BitGamey

BitGamey

I'm glad I found this thread. Using the editor to verify the license key is STILL an issue in 2019.2.3f1. I had to go to the dashboard and select 'Settings > Analytics Settings' and paste the key there. Then when I refresh the Services window in Unity, it shows verified.

yuliyF likes this.
  9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, we definitely need to fix this. I will check on the current status.

BitGamey and siddharth3322 like this.
  10. John-Di-Girolamo

John-Di-Girolamo

Had a project from a while back on 2018.2.16f1 and this workaround worked for me just now (we've been too lazy to get this game done). I haven't completed the setup yet, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

11. breban1

breban1

I am getting this error in Unity 2018.4.26f1 LTS. When I enter the key it shows "Please enter the key in a valid format."

When I click the "Go To Dashboard" button as suggested, it takes me to the attached page. If I click the Analytics button, it takes me to the page where it says "Go to the editor to enable Unity Analytics for your project" with no options.

EDIT: Resolved by taking the steps here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/can-not-verify-google-play-public-key.631630/

GoToDashboard_Button.png

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Nolex likes this.
  12. -chris

-chris

+1

Confirming the "Please enter the key in a valid format" bug exists in Unity 2019.2.4f1 when trying to enter the key via Services tab > In-app Purchasing > Options.

The workaround of visiting
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/projects/{UPID}/edit/
    and then restarting Unity seems to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.