Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error trying to post my project to Apple with Xcode - Linker command failed with exit code 1

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by tonOnWu, Nov 17, 2018.

1. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Hi guys.

I'm using Unity 2018.2.15.f1. Our App is an ARFoundation project. My Xcode is 10.1 (10B61). Everything works, but when we used Xcode to post our work to Apple Connect we get this error:

linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    clang

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 5.53.22 PM.png

I have to be honest. I don't know what Xcode is talking about... at all. This is the first time in 5 years that I've got this error. The big issue is that this is all the details related to the error. The console doesn't show more information.

Any suggestion will be EXTREMELY helpful.

Thanks.

2. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Ok. I installed the clang and I ran:
    clang -v

This is the result:
    Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.5)
    Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0
    Thread model: posix
    InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

I don't know how to use this information. Any idea?

3. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Ok. I still have the same problem (24 hours later). I just want to add extra comments of what I have been checking out on Xcode.
    • I did "clean build folder" while pressing Option key (and also without pressing it) and try to archive again
    • I always checked that a simulator hasn't been used when Archiving. In fact, I tried with one device connected and without devices connected and checking the "Generic iOS Device"
    • My App runs perfectly on every device. So there's no error building.
    • In the App Store Connect, the current status for this App is "Prepare for Submission" and I double checked that I'm sending the version that it's being expected.
    • My account is going to expire in 3 days but I have auto-renewal set.
    • We tried to archive from two different iMac without success.
    • I have several devices registered in the Member Center. In fact, as I mentioned, I already tested successfully my App on the devices.
    • I'm not testing the device. I'm trying to release a new version of the App to the App Store.
    I hope these new comments will help to suggest other ideas.

Thank you.

4. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Hi guys. I just discover that the problem in my case is related to the use of the new ARFoundation library of Unity. We just create an empty project and the archive works. As soon as we added the ARFoundation (that was the next step in our test) we weren't unable to Archive.

So I open a new question in the Handheld AR forum. I hope the can answer me there. This is the link.

I will keep you posted if I found the solution.