Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ERROR: There were no scenes configured to build!

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Devil_Inside, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I'm getting build fails with the error:
    ERROR: There were no scenes configured to build! Please add a scene to the build using the Build Settings window of the Unity Editor.

I tried building for both iOS and Android. Unity version in Cloud Build settings is the same I'm using locally: 5.6.0f3
    The problem started randomly. The project builds fine locally (clean clone from repository).

I tried to add new scenes to update the EditorBuildSettings in the repository, but I'm still getting the error.

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Open the game in the Unity Editor, select Build Settings (or Build and Run) and make sure that the scenes are present and ticked in the window. You can press "Add open scenes" if you're not sure. Save the project and re-commit to your source control.

I hope this helps.

- Sophia

mark_d_03 likes this.
  3. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I made sure multiple times I have scenes in the build settings and they're ticked. I tried removing and re-adding the scenes, but I'm still getting the error.
    I tried to specify the scenes in the Cloud Build advanced settings, but this way I'm getting thousands of "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors.

4. abeldantas

abeldantas

On Unity 5.6.0f3 if you rename the folders where the .unity scene files are and then make a build, you'll get this error.
    Therefore, if you're using an older unity version, remove the scenes from the 'Build Settings' and add them back again. This will fix the references on EditorBuildSettings.asset file.

I this is was fixed on more recent unity versions.

metraplox likes this.
  5. rpeer

rpeer

To resolve the missing scenes error make sure to upload your project to Unity Collaborate in Services. Once your project is successfully uploaded try Cloud Building again.

6. HermanTheMerman

HermanTheMerman

The problem is that your source control is ignoring .meta files. Go modify your .gitignore to not ignore .meta and it should sort out your problem

drawcode and ericam like this.