Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[ERROR] The name of a file or directory is already taken: case must match.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PabloHells, Jan 24, 2017.

1. PabloHells

PabloHells

I'm not able to upload the file to Collab anymore, it always gives this error.

upload_2017-1-24_16-55-59.png

2. Ericsheng

Ericsheng

same problem, Collab is really buggy

3. Cautrell

Cautrell

Our team is having lots of problems this morning. One crashes on publish, the other can't connect to download anything. I am unaffected, but there does appear to be some sort of service outage?

4. Gurg

Gurg

Unity Technologies

Hey, sorry you are running into this. This is usually the case where your commit happens to include a recasing that the local file system doesn't like. Windows (assuming NTFS here) doesn't see a difference between "readme.txt" and "README.txt" (as in they are the same file) while Mac OS X and most linux file systems treat them as different files. The same goes for folders. Also Windows has some oddly reserved names that you can't name your files like "aux". If your update or commit includes that, just publish another update that changes the actual filename or moves it. More specifically, this often happens if you recased a folder containing a bunch of files.

If you want, you can either relaunch Unity with the -enableCollabEventLogs flag and then send a bug report, or you can send me a direct message of your project ID. This isn't the name of the project. If you open your project folder and go up to just above the Assets folder level, You should also see a Library folder as well as the Assets folder. Go to Library/Collab and then in the Collab folder you will find a file called "CollabSnapshot_<project-id>.txt".

The important thing is that either through a bug report or whatever, if you can get us the project ID, we can look at the server logs where I might be able to find the specific file it's complaining about (assuming it's not already in your local editor.log file which it might be, letting you self-diagnose the problem file). Just don't post your project ID in the open like on the forums.