Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error: "Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet."

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JJJAGUAR, Dec 25, 2017.

1. rogodoy

rogodoy

This worked for me. I reset the layout editor to a default layout and stop the error. Maybe is abug in editor layout, very funny.

2. Vishal0703

Vishal0703

Talmagett_Games likes this.
  3. bytewav

bytewav

In my case the error was spamming when a certain material was in fustrum. Hunting down the exact object allowed me to find a non-compatible shader on a material.

I wish It helps.

4. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

Migrated to 2020.3.30f1. This arose as I am going through the process to launch ShaderGraph.
    I executed the quote instructs. Clear the console, less or same appear, clear the console, less appear, clear the console, all gone.

But in time it reappears. Will have to do what @bytewav suggested since my path is dealing with shaders.

So the question is 'How does one find the offending shaders. Are they pink?'

5. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

A new post to add the interogation process.
    I disabled all the GOs and the errors stopped.
    I clicked on a disabled GO and the error starts back up.
    Click on camera and errors stop.

I then go into the asset material folder of the offending asset.
    I sequentially click on materials to start the errors again.

bytewav likes this.
  6. msue

msue

I fixed this error by removing the following (unused) line from a shader:

GrabPass { }

Badran1 and bytewav like this.
  7. bytewav

bytewav

I think my faulty shader had a grabpass too. Started creating problems after a migration from legacy to hdrp.

8. website_unity

website_unity

I have the answer: I noticed in the scene editor view as I rotated round to look at one of the objects in my scene view it would start complaining, so I switched off all the objects and eventually I found it was the water shader in my case that I needed to use another rendererrer for, so do this: switch off all the objects clear the errors and they should stay cleared, enable the objects chunk by chunk until the errors start up again, identify the component causing you issues, and fix it (can't shed any real light on that other than picking a different shader until it stops complaining), job done and good luck!

9. Kabookie

Kabookie

Thanks that worked for me! Much appreciated.

madfu likes this.
  10. Acreates

Acreates

same here with the same package

11. Acreates

Acreates

If you downloaded the "Realistic FX Package V4" it's the "Distort" material that is causing the error. I deleted it and it's fine.

DaDarkDan likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

The HDRP is totally different, so cant port shaders directly between, as there is no grab pass and many other things are working differently

Only the very base stuff can be ported or vertex fragment shaders that not use any special passes or unity side directives

13. Drake4

Drake4

I also got this error in unity 2021.3.9f1. I installed a couple of packages but I supsect the Nature Manufacturer Forest Tree package. It did break the Foilage Shader of the same supplier as well as a water shader. After I reinstalled from a previous prefab export, things went back to normal.

14. nathan2019spence

nathan2019spence

Thankyou, my error went away when I double clicked on the URP folder and clicked on import.

madfu likes this.
  15. trombonaut

trombonaut

I removed KriptoFX Realistic Effects and found a problem in their Mesh Effects shader as well. This fixed it. Props to everyone who pointed me to KriptoFX and also the tip about panning your camera around until you tripped the error. Took me 10 minutes to solve once I had these tips, you legends probably saved me hours.

16. djexstas9

djexstas9

I think this is because of GrabPass used in some shader. GrabPass is supported only in Default RP (link).
    It's used to get current texture from camera color/depth/other buffer.
    In my case it's custom shader written for default RP but after upgrade to URP it's broken.
    btw take a look at some shaders with refraction/glass/distort/outline/etc effects, which need camera texture to work or search the whole project for GrabPass string in shaders if you've upgraded from Default RP to any SRP

lightsedge likes this.
  17. aloyagames

aloyagames

This fixed it for me in URP 2022x:
    Edit -> rendering -> Generate Shader Include.

XianGrim likes this.
  18. DaDarkDan

DaDarkDan

I had the same issue. To add a correction and a few more details to this, you can fix this issue by deleting the whole Shader folder (the whole folder for quickness' sake), then install the HDRP patch and re-import the shader folder with it.

The strange bug I had with the original installation was that the material picked the wrong shader which was probably a built-in shader (within the dropdown selection there was the same shader twice, and when selecting the other while seemingly having had in the project, it suddenly rendered with no issues).

Hope that helps,
    Dan

19. Huskerr

Huskerr

reset layout worked for me. thanks.

20. SquareEyesTaco

SquareEyesTaco

deleting krypto effects worked for me. hope he figures his asset out.

21. uotsabchakma

uotsabchakma

For me, I wasn't sure what's the real problem was. I tried switching between scenes. The problem still comes only on one specific scene. So it didn't do well.
    But when I saw an unimportant model on that scene that I created in blender, I tried deleting it and problem solved :cool:. I think my cases wasn't Unity bug, but except a bug that I created. o_Oo_Oo_O
    [ Might or might not work with you. But Unity itself is not always the cases around these errors. Nor you can blame yourself. This problem is shown by many different kinds of cases. Figure them out... ]

22. Ligmaphobia

Ligmaphobia

I have a feeling we are using the same asset, because I get the same error (Unity.2021.3.14f1).
    The error was being caused by a shader, but I couldn't delete it, because the water won't work at all without it.
    Then I found out that the problem is not the shader, but the material it was using. I deleted the material and created my own, and the problem was fixed!

trombonaut likes this.
  23. kraskon

kraskon

It indeed is, I totally overlooked the patches! Thank you!