Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Error removing component when merging Prefab changes

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by LesBloom, Jun 17, 2019.

1. LesBloom

LesBloom

Hello,

I am getting the following error
    Error removing component when merging Prefab changes: Can't remove Rigidbody because CharacterJoint

However, I have already removed the CharacterJoint component

upload_2019-6-17_11-46-44.png

This error occurs when re-opening the prefab. The editor lets me remove the RigidBody during prefab edit mode. However, when I close the prefab and re-open it, I get the above error and the RigidBody has returned.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you

2. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

It's a bit hard to follow what's going on here. I think we'd need a bug report to be able to look into it.

3. LesBloom

LesBloom

Hi, @runevision

Unfortunately, I don't have a repro anymore. After enough time went by of being stuck, I gave up and unpacked the nested prefab. It's not preferable, but at least it let me continue.

4. LesBloom

LesBloom

Hi, @runevision

I am encountering this issue again. The only thing I can do to get around it is to unpack the prefab; which is quite unfortunate. Here are repro steps

1) grab this asset from the asset store https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/sci-fi-alien-war-veteran-137705

2) make a prefab variant from the SK_Rhienolph prefab

3) from within the prefab variant, remove all of the colliders, character joints, and rigigbodies

4) save your prefab variant

5) notice the errors

6) close and then re-open your prefab variant

7) notice some rigidbodies were added back

5. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

unityunity