Search Unity

Feedback Error refreshing packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by transat, May 11, 2020.

1. dock

dock

upload_2022-1-10_9-56-15.png

Package Manager and Unity Hub seem to be tripping over their own shoelaces several times a day. This is with 2021.2.7f1.

2. justmonotone

justmonotone

log out and log in inside the unity app worked for me without an issue

3. unity_823F1DCD5B59A90CC6D5

unity_823F1DCD5B59A90CC6D5

why can't unity make things as they were before?
    Like downloading assets from the browser? That worked just fine.

dan_ginovker, a436t4ataf and furgin like this.
  4. stanley5lukas

stanley5lukas

I just had this issue, and Unity had logged me out. I was able to click the "Account" dropdown in the upper right hand corner of the editor and log back in. This resolved my issue. I'm on 2020.3.26f1

5. Toggleguy

Toggleguy

I just had this issue, resolved it immediately by changing my network from public to private. I suspect its a firewall permissions issue, so depending on your settings this may not work for you, but it's easy to try!

To do this on Windows 10,
    • Click on your network connection on the taskbar
    • Click 'Properties' under your network
    • Then you can toggle the network between private and public.
    Hope this helps!

6. ms3522

ms3522

In my case, it was caused by firewall blocking. You can open "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" and find Unity editor in your version from the name list under "Inboud Rules". It should show a stop icon right next to the name. Double click on the Unity editor that got blocked and check on "Allow the connection" and click on "OK"

This fixed my problem.

7. unity_B019BAC8DEC8625E383D

unity_B019BAC8DEC8625E383D

This worked! Thanks!

8. BittleLit

BittleLit

YESSSSSSSS IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

9. Karthikgamedevgod

Karthikgamedevgod

The only thing I had to do is my sign out and sign in in the unity hub account and the asset store acount

10. Corpano

Corpano

Make sure to check if you are signed in Unity Editor It resolved the issue for me and I was able to import the asset.

11. jeremy379052

jeremy379052

worked for me

12. geyapingcn

geyapingcn

我也遇到了这个问题,从unity-hub登出再登录之后,就好了。
    I had the same issue. logout and login into the unity hub. It works!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  13. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Know that by not posting in English, your posts are getting flagged for moderation. We do have a lot of potential spam like this so I wanted to let you know not to do it if you want your posts seen ASAP.

14. xtremeblastbeats

xtremeblastbeats

I fixed it by exiting play mode

15. faraz_saleem

faraz_saleem

the great reset works

16. unity_oVsJgtACmNlH5w

unity_oVsJgtACmNlH5w

Hello guys, I had the same issue and noticed I had a sign-in button at the top.
    upload_2022-4-18_7-39-18.png
    I pressed that and signed in and that solved my issue.
    Hope it helps for someone.
    Kind regards, Tom

Attached Files:

17. mowax74

mowax74

This is still not fixed after almost two years.
    I know that it somehow works when you restart your machine or unity hub etc.

But: I restart my computer barely. Most of the time i send it to sleep/energy saving, with a lot of programs still open.
    Everytime i log in again unity can't show my assets in the package manager because of this issue. Every time.

Means: When i buy something from the asset store i need to go the process of closing all my open programs, completely interrupt my workflow, reboot the machine to eventually have some luck that unity shows my assets in the package manager.

Just to get some new assets from the store.
    Ridiculous.

When you are not able to handle your licencing system without this issues, leave it as it was and let us download the assets via web browser as an alternative.

bettywhite, dan_ginovker and alexds9 like this.
  18. russisunni

russisunni

Got to make sure you are signed in in the editor.

19. metalanca

metalanca

This fix worked for me: I'm on Windows so I opened my Windows Defender > Inbound Rules and found that there was a "Block" rule in place for Unity 2020 public domains. So I deleted that block rule, re-imported my package from the Asset store and it worked.

20. brogan30

brogan30

I found a fix! What was happening was that my editor was signed out, but the hub was not. If you go to the account dropdown on the top right and sign in, it should fix it.

21. mowax74

mowax74

Man, that's it! When starting the computer from sleep Unity hub is signed in, but the editor is not. Signing in manually worked. (like you said via top left account button in the editor). Thanks a lot!

22. ssteitle

ssteitle

Cant access any of my purchases. Happens about every other day. Tried restarting unity no luck. Keep getting "Error refreshing packages". I'm giving up at this point next time it does work I am downloading everything locally then manually importing everything and not purchasing nearly as much as I have as this is taking the fun out of building games.

bettywhite likes this.
  23. az238

az238

THANK YOU - solved my problem.

24. az238

az238

Log out and log back in in the hub... solves problem.

25. pdinklag

pdinklag

I see all the log out and back in solutions. It does work, apparently the session expires and the Editor isn't notified or something. So far so good.

The question is: Why does the editor lock you out of your locally downloaded and cached packages? If you have no internet connection, you can't use the package manager at all. This hasn't been fixed in 3 years.

So what did the team say three years ago? Apparently it is normal, because by now, the package manager tells me that I need to sign in when I'm offline. Why?

I know the use case probably isn't the most common, but to give an example, I have several packages from the asset store that contain tons and tons of sound effects. I don't want all of them bloating up my project, but rather I import assets from the packages as needed. These are already downloaded, so I don't need an internet connection for this. Yet, it isn't possible when I'm offline, because then I'm locked out of the package manager for no good reason whatsoever.

26. dan_ginovker

dan_ginovker

Was having this issue on Linux, going to a modern version of the Editor (even though my project didn't compile) fixed it for me. Now that I've downloaded and imported the asset, I'm going back to my LTS.

+1 for being able to download from website

bettywhite likes this.
  27. PaulSmee

PaulSmee

Hi All,

My issue was fixed by disabling the firewall. This is not ideal but I found that it was the Package Manager executable that needed to be whitelisted. I added and Inbound and Outbound rule on Windows Firewall for the executable - "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.3.6f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server\UnityPackageManager.exe"
    Obviously your versuib "2022.3.6f1" could be different.

28. havokentity

havokentity

I'm having quite a few packages throw this error in Unity 2022.3.6f1, even re downloading doesn't seem to work. Works fine in older versions
    upload_2023-8-8_13-40-25.png

29. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

I have the same issue, 2022.3.6f1

30. Adamjm

Adamjm

They didn't fix it for .7f either. That's really disappointing that Unity didn't consider this important enough to get it fixed in the next release.

31. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

Same, still broken for me in 2022.3.7f1

bettywhite, Nirvan and jirimotejlek like this.
  32. bettywhite

bettywhite

Yep, this issue has returned. Restarted Unity, restarted my machine, logged out/in of the Hub, updated the Hub, and turned off my VPN, but the package manager is returning nothing but errors. Running 2022.3.7f1 on Mac OS. Very frustrating.

33. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

Package manager not working, can someone post a download link for anypath.

34. GamesOfVaibhav

GamesOfVaibhav

For me, it worked by doing -
    - Sign out from the unity hub and unity editor, and sign in again
    - sign in to the Asset store
    - opening package from there to the unity editor
    - I had to refresh again, after that all the packages were loaded