Search Unity

Question Error: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 7

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by kavgiorgos12, Aug 21, 2020.

1. kavgiorgos12

kavgiorgos12

Hi. So I'm trying to download an asset called The Heretic: VFX Character which is made my Unity. I take it from the asset store and then put it in my package manager. After that I click the download button just like every asset. When it's about half-way done it pops the error that I've put in the title. If you know why this happens or how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks!

BTBentley likes this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have same issue

3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

What version of the editor are both of you using to import this asset?

4. Leohd

Leohd

5. Leohd

Leohd

I cannot download many assets I bought.

"
    Error: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 7
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStoreDownloadManagerInternal:OnDownloadProgress(String, String, UInt64, UInt64)
    "

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

7. Leohd

Leohd

I'm not using VPN at all. Wifi is normal, nothing fancy or different.

Updating to 2020.2.3f helped temporarily but after a few hours the error shows up again. Error code 7.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  8. robmt

robmt

I have been having the same issue for weeks. I have to keep trying and trying to redownload. Eventually it does it but can take 20+ attempts. Of course it doesn't drop out immediately so lots of waiting every time. The official unity response is useless. No VPN, no wifi problems (250Mbps at speedtest) and worked fine a few months ago. I just stopped buying anything on the asset store now - you can usually find what you need elsewhere.

Leohd likes this.
  9. Leohd

Leohd

Someone suggested keeping an older Unity version that is more stable, and use it as a downloader. It sorts of work for me, the stability depends on the versions. It's not a complete fix though.

10. lofwyre

lofwyre

I'm not sure why the unity asset store downloader doesnt support continue like most download services. To get 90% on a 1Gig file only to go back to the start several times is crazy.

I made this video of the issue I have (same as kavgiorgos12)

Jack_iw likes this.
  11. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Hmm, have you all gone through the connection troubleshooting tips pinned in the subforum? If you have, then I feel bug reports from you folks will be incredibly valuable as we might be able to see what can be the cause by the information provided.

12. lofwyre

lofwyre

Hi

Switching to a cable instead of wifi stops it from dropping off. I'm not sure what it is about the wifi connection that the unity client is finding issue with (the error that is presented means nothing to me). I have run a simple ping test while the download is going and am not seeing packet loss and have a 1-2ms response between me and the router. Steam, xbox, windows store, (and a lot of mmo clients) do not have this issue.

I sometimes get drop outs when downloading a file in a browser and have to resume, does unity use http as the download protocol?

I think out of this I would like to request a feature be added to the package manager to support resuming of downloads instead of throwing them away, it would be a small change that would help anyone in this situation.

Thanks
    Matt

kcfos and ronaldomoon like this.
  13. Leohd

Leohd

I still cannot download via wifi, cable is not an option for me.
    "
    [Package Manager Window] Error: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 7
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStoreDownloadManager/DownloadDelegateHandler:OnDownloadProgress (string,string,ulong,ulong)
    "
    I already configured Windows firewall to allow Unity editors and hubs.
    Clicking on download several times only work for smaller assets. Bigger assets simply fail.

14. jermesa_studio

jermesa_studio

Error: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 7
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStoreDownloadManagerInternal:OnDownloadProgress(String, String, UInt64, UInt64)

Im having the same problem downloading a 1.4 GB asset. Is there any other solution?

15. SkygodGames

SkygodGames

Same Issue

build 2019.11

16. jermesa_studio

jermesa_studio

This was actually a wireless connections issue as suggested by @UnityMaru . If I'm using WiFi connection I always got this error. Since cable is not an option for me so what I did was I take my Android phone which was connected to a Wifi and then connects it to my PC via a data cable and enables USB tethering from my android, this will trick my system that it was connected through a cable and it actually works:).

kcfos likes this.
  17. AcidSheep

AcidSheep

Thank you Creative_Poly!

This was driving me insane, I could not download any assets bigger than 50MB (or Unity Editor) because of this error. Even with the Latest Unity Hub installed. All other Internet Applications, Online Gaming, Steam Download etc. are working flawlessly, except for Unity

Can confirm the Error is WIFI related and was able to fix by connecting my Mobile as USB Tether :)

18. lofwyre

lofwyre

Yeah I resolved mine the same, it's not specifically a wifi issue as more a quality of connection issue. Possibly they are using a custom TCP client that is sensitive to dropped packets, I could switch to my mobile hotspot (without a cable) and have larger downloads work, I'm guessing sometimes its just a better connection.

Unity should at the very least build a way to resume downloads so if a download was broken for any reason it would pickup where it left of on the retry (this is not difficult and most network clients do this to some extent).

andreyefimov2010 and vuong_vin like this.
  19. vuong_vin

vuong_vin

I can't accept cable connection so Can you re-upload unitypackage "3D Game Kit"? Thanks.

20. thaptam

thaptam

In my case, the connection of the Editor was blocked by the inbound rules of the firewall. I have compiled a list below of known solutions from the support team. Hope this will help you guys.
    - Whitelisting Unity and Unity Hub in your system's Anti-Virus settings
    - Allowing Unity and Unity Hub through the network proxy settings
    - Whitelisting Unity and Unity Hub in your firewall's settings
    - Disabling any VPN or other IP-altering services when you're using Unity

21. jonc113

jonc113

FYI, I am using a hard-wired connection and I still get this error randomly. No internet issues that I know of.

22. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Please make a bug report on this issue if you're sure your internet is correctly configured: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

23. Absinthe23

Absinthe23

Quick necro as this is the #1 result on Google for this problem - switching from wifi to an ethernet cable worked for me.

24. lofwyre

lofwyre

Yeah, its still an issue and needing to download on cable is a poor solution.

I've logged a bug report here

https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1387955_g7un90siq66ti35f

Essentially the way the download manager works is poorly implemented and needs to be redone using a system that supports continuation that would allow it to survive latency drops or what ever is causing it to stop on less than perfect wifi.

junctionboss likes this.
  25. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Maybe pausing download on lack of connection, like in browser, will be proper solution? It is better to resume several times that download from scratch several times...
    It is suggestion for package manager developers...

26. lofwyre

lofwyre

Hi Marek, I've made this suggestion several times over the years, but the bug reporting seems to be less than effective way of reaching developers.

Marek_Bakalarczuk likes this.
  27. nrkhan96

nrkhan96

windows defender firewall > advanced settings > inbound rules
    disable inbound rules for your unity version

28. GeoCats

GeoCats

Wierdly enough, comparing with the answers provided here, I solved by using wifi instead of cable :eek:

29. al-sukelis

al-sukelis

This error was relentless! I've wasted a lot of time to get it to work... Here is what I found:

Same Wi-Fi network, but 3 computers, a Mac, a Windows 10, and a Windows 11. The Windows 10 computer had this error. The other computers downloaded the package fine.
    But this error is unpredictable - it could appear at 0.1%, or at 40%. If the package is small, you might randomly succeed with enough tries. My package was 3.2 GB, I tried 50 times with no luck.
    "windows defender firewall > advanced settings > inbound rules
    disable inbound rules for your unity version" this did not work.
    The problem is in the connection definitely. I had an older USB Wi-Fi device. Switching to a cable worked instantly.

30. halfdan87

halfdan87

I have a cable connection, same error.
    Unity should fix this, this is obviously Unity's error.
    The program should handle errors like that and allow for download continuation.
    But like some cancer types, there is not enough cases to make money on the cure.
    Good job, Unity Technologies!

junctionboss likes this.
  31. anrelivant

anrelivant

I had the same problem 1 hour ago. I fixed it now.
    Just turn your Wi-Fi connection off and on again.

32. junctionboss

junctionboss

Still a problem, anyone else today ? INternet is fine otherwise.

33. junctionboss

junctionboss

any luck on your end, now Im having issues all of a sudden, all other internet is just fine.