Search Unity

Error pushing and pulling floats?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by MoltoAssets, Sep 13, 2020.

1. MoltoAssets

MoltoAssets

I have been trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong here but got to resort to this forum to point me in the right direction.

1: Have a unity remote config set up and setting up two float values. It works as I can push and pull values as bools, ints etc. my problem is floats.

2: I also am not mixing the dev and release just to be clear. I can test pushing and pulling. what throws me off is the "punctation" in a float.

3: If i on the webpage (dev console) insert a 33.15 or say 55.75 - it gives me a 0 in the "Unity remote config tab" when pulling. In other words. Not working (i just get zero in the fields) - but I do not get any errors in console. If i donwload the file and look - it has the values - so this is happening during/after transfer.

4: If i try to enter the keys in the manager inside unity, i can ENTER 33.15 and 55.75 - but when i try to push them - i get an error:

Failed to push remote config: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request. Error message:
    {"message":"MalformedRequestContentRejection: Malformed JSON request body.","code":400}

5: If I try using an f at the end (for float) - it just reverts to zero in the field. Fine enough.

6: If I try swapping the punctation from "." to "," it fails (because I am in a non US region I thought maybe this is the source). No fix there.

In short: Is there a bug with pushing/pulling float values back and forth? Or am I missing a vital piece of the puzzle? I do not see anywhere where it says you can only use float with whole numbers (and that would make no sense). But darned if I can get this to behave. Any help would be appreciated as I am sure this works. I just dont know where to look any more.

The reason I tried flipping the "dot" in bullet 6 over was that sometimes software is tested in America and works fine but when moving to another region that uses other setups, the dot gets swapped to a comma - but the error wont show up when not testing in a different region. In a json setting an extra comma would typically be a culprit here.

using 2019.4.4f1 FYI

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please use the latest Preview package, this is a known issue with earlier versions. In Package Manager, select Show Preview Packages under the Advanced dropdown.

MoltoAssets likes this.