Search Unity

Error opening AssetStore tools Package Manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ktweedy1, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ktweedy1

ktweedy1

When I open the Asset Store Package manager I get the following error.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

I have deleted my AssetStore Tools and re-imported it and I still get this error.

The package manager initial screen has the Account settings button grayed out and says Please Login to the Asset Store in order to access your account settings. This error starts happening as soon as i open this screen.

Here is the full error message.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex)
    AssetStoreManagerInternal.SetMetadataStatus (System.String path, State state, System.String message)
    AssetStoreManagerInternal.<OnInspectorUpdate>m__0 (System.String path, State state, System.String message)
    HttpUploadManager.Update ()
    AssetStoreManagerInternal.OnInspectorUpdate ()
    AssetStoreManager.OnInspectorUpdate ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:225)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:218)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OnInspectorUpdate () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:178)

2. ktweedy1

ktweedy1

Turns out I had to use the little arrow to the right of the import button to select re-download and import. The big import button wasn't giving me the current version.