Search Unity

Error on Unity Ads after privacy request on first run (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Bazzajunior, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Bazzajunior

Bazzajunior

Just looking to see if anyone else has had the following error.

I have a free children's game on the Google Play Store and when the game is run for the first time, Unity Ads sets the privacy options, runs the first ad and then crashes.

Once the game is shutdown and restarted, it's not an issue and the ads run fine.

I'm concerned that as the game is primarily for small children, parents might not trust the game or simply uninstall it as it's not working properly.

I haven't updated the game since November 2018 so not sure if Unity Ads have updated something that I'm missing.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Thanks for bringing this up!

Can you reach out to unityads-support@unity3d.com with the following details:
    - device logs from when this happens
    - Unity Ads SDK version
    - integration path (native, Unity Asset Store?)

Our team can then take a closer look.

3. OliverAge24Games

OliverAge24Games

I'm getting the same thing - You accept the privacy policy, the first ad plays, and then it's a black screen. Can't press back to fix it - have to close the game and reopen, then it works fine.

I've looked and historically a bunch of people seem to have had the same issue - Speculation that the callback function is not calling - maybe to do with the app gaining/losing focus?

I'm using the latest SDK from the Unity Asset Store, don't have logs.

4. OliverAge24Games

OliverAge24Games

5. Bazzajunior

Bazzajunior

If anyone else is stuck with this one, I spoke to the support teams and we (well, they) resolved it with a fairly easy solution (these actions are the advice I was given:

Run Unity >
    - Window > Services" > Ads > disable it.
    - Window > PackageManager and if Ads is installed could you remove it.
    - Re-Import Unity's Ads Manager, as available on the Asset Store.

and follow/verify with this quick start guide for Unity 5.5 or later: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/legacy-integration-unity (ensuring you manually initial Unity Ads through code - with the right correct gameid - depending upon the target platform) - you may have to adjust your code.

I was using Playmaker to initialise the ads but my error was that they were being called twice, which was causing the freezing/crashing.

Hopefully the above will help anyone who is stuck :)