Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error on scene load, out of memory

Discussion in 'Windows' started by JohnTomorrow, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JohnTomorrow

JohnTomorrow

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 5592408.
    DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 5592408.
    DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 5592408.
    DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 5592408.
    Thread Error: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

Also see that this is already logged on the bug tracker: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/crash-when-opening-a-large-scene

Any progress in fixing this? Any workarounds? We have some players that are unable to play the game due to it even though they are beyond the necessary amount of memory.

2. timke

timke

Hi,

I looked up the bug details, and it seems specific to the Editor when loading a truly massive scene. However, you're seeing this error in the Windows Standalone Player, correct?

I'd recommend filing a separate bug with your own repro. It could be the same issue but more likely it's something different, since OutOfMemory exceptions can be triggered in a lot of ways.

3. JohnTomorrow

JohnTomorrow

Ok good to know. We obtained more information and the player with this issue seems to have the same problem with all Unity built games, not just ours. The scene we are loading is not very large, I think it is something else. A bug repro is a bit difficult to provide due to the size of the project.