Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Error on import google External Dependency Manager and Firebase package

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Thaina, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Thaina

Thaina

Just import tgz package External Dependency Manager for Unity 1.2.166 and Firebase App 8.2.0 into blank unity project cause this error

Code (csharp):
    1. Assembly 'Packages/com.google.firebase.app/Firebase/Editor/Firebase.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    2. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.VersionHandlerImpl'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    3. Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
    4. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.JarResolver'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    5. Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
    6. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.IOSResolver'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    7. Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
    This actually occur since 2021.2 beta but it seem still not fixed in 2022

VladPrichina and itsarjunsinh like this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

JonBFS likes this.
  3. Thaina

Thaina

It was confirmed as regression bug of unity and they need to workaround it

https://github.com/googlesamples/unity-jar-resolver/issues/441

itsarjunsinh likes this.
  4. Razhagal

Razhagal

Thaina likes this.
  5. Thaina

Thaina

Currently now 2021.2 of out of beta, are there any progress on this problem?

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It's currently being worked on by the devs.

Oneiros90 and Thaina like this.
  7. aromana

aromana

Is a workaround available in the meantime? I have several of these errors in my project that uses Firebase:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assembly 'Assets/ExternalDependencyManager/Editor/1.2.167/Google.PackageManagerResolver.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    2. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.VersionHandler'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?

8. Oneiros90

Oneiros90

Thank you @LeonhardP, waiting for updates.
    Can you guys confirm that these errors do not prevent playing or building the project? They look harmless to me so far

9. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

As harmless as not being able to open my project at all, lol!

So glad other people are experiencing this as well. I'm using Firebase in my project and it's working fine in 2021.1.28 , but if I try to open the project in any 2021.2 version the editor crashes immediately/fails to launch at all. The assertion in the editor.log also references the same error.
    There are certain features I need from 2021.2 (+ the Apple Silicon Editor!) so the fact that this is still a problem is really disappointing.
    I tried the workaround described in the github page but even that won't open any version of .2--I tried every release :(

itsarjunsinh and VladPrichina like this.
  10. Bivisss

Bivisss

Same problem here.
    The editor crashes on launching after installing Google's External Dependency Manager and Firebase App packages.

Code (CSharp):
    1. * Assertion at loader.c:345, condition `is_ok (error)' not met, function:mono_field_from_token, Could not resolve field token 0x0400001c, due to: Could not load type of field 'Firebase.Editor.GenerateXmlFromGoogleServicesJson:<>f__mg$cache0' (17) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Google.JarResolver, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:/Users/bivis/Projetos/TEMP_GOOGLE/Library/PackageCache/com.google.firebase.app@5e73ba215488-1638043741663/Firebase/Editor/Firebase.Editor.dll type:GenerateXmlFromGoogleServicesJson member:(null)
    I'm using MacOS and 2021.2.4f1 Unity Editor

11. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Thanks for the report! I was gonna try .4 myself but didn't want to go through the hassle lol.
    Really sucks because so many people use Firebase.

12. doganakdag

doganakdag

I'm trying to import our project that we worked on 2020.1.17f to 2022.1.04b with below Firebase setup:
    Firebase Apps: 8.3.0
    External Dependency Manager: 1.2.166

Everything seems OK on package manager but when I re-compile to enter play-mode, it gives the same error with @Thaina.

I don't see any workaround or fix to this, pls share update @LeonhardP

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assembly 'Packages/com.google.firebase.app/Firebase/Editor/Firebase.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    2. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.VersionHandlerImpl'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    4. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.JarResolver'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    5. Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
    6. Unable to resolve reference 'Google.IOSResolver'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    7. Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

13. doganakdag

doganakdag

14. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

A fix for this issue just landed in Trunk. Backports to 2021.2 and 2022.1 are being worked on.

Oneiros90 and Thaina like this.
  15. aromana

aromana

What was the actual issue here? Updating to the latest version of EDM4U fixed these issues for me, so i'm not sure what the "fix" is.

rarepop99 likes this.
  16. rarepop99

rarepop99

Unity Technologies

Hi! The fix itself has to do with the fact that we weren't raising the error for all assemblies, making it hard to understand why assemblies weren't being loaded. So now an error with mismatch between assembly name and filename is printed correctly for all (user added) assemblies.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  17. teddysgame

teddysgame

I tried updating using 'com.google.external-dependency-manager-1.2.167.tgz'

But I'm still having error "Assembly 'Assets/Firebase/Editor/Firebase.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:"

Am I doing something wrong?

unity 2021.3.16f1

18. asbjornu

asbjornu

I just received a similar error to @teddysgame in Unity 2022.3.7f1:

Code (csharp):
    1. Error: error CS0006: Metadata file 'Assets/Plugins/Firebase/Editor/Firebase.Editor.dll' could not be found
    Firebase is installed as tarballs through the Unity Package Manager, so I'm not sure what is looking for `Firebase.Editor.dll` inside the `Assets` folder.